on 4 March 2018
Very badly written. It is like weird old mans fantasy about schoolgirl. Characters are unbelievable..their reactions makes no sense.. Has nothing to do with reallity of people trafficking.. In this book trafickers spank bottoms, have in depth conversations with their victims.. 17 year old girl was kidnapped then she is being raped by two old men.. One of guys rubs her making her wet and exciting her sex organ (yep actual words in the book) when guy starts raping her ,her body reacts because of the addrenalin from lapdancing she was forced to do(actual words in the book again ) ... I think it sums my review pretty well..
on 27 October 2017
I now realise the reason why this first book in the series spent its first half apparently going nowhere, to the extent that I was beginning to get bored. However, I'm glad I persevered because the second half was definitely worth the wait and I was suitably primed to thoroughly enjoy the second book which took the form of a sequel. I've now ordered No 3 and hope the standard continues.
on 20 April 2013
As with his second book 'The People Trafficker' it was good reading however it is rather far-fetched which is one of the reasons why I rarely read Fiction books. I was led to believe it was a true story about Sex Trafficking which is unfortunately still happening in this world. The book tends to divert from the reality of what is really happening in the real world. If he was hoping to highlight this heinous crime then I have to admit the fantasy of the story does tend to make you forget that in reality, young children really are being kidnapped & expected to endure rape ordeals & submit to the demands of paedophiles of this world. However the book did get my attention more so than the second one as I did read it from beginning to end. I would have given up reading if it was very badly written. Take note...there were some very shocking scenes in the book so don't read if you are easily offended or get emotionally involved.
on 23 September 2012
Absolutely awful read, it reads more like a guys fantasy with schoolgirls and smacking bare bottoms,the main character Karen is totally unbelievable, her replies to the kidnapper throughout the book don't seem normal for a young girl who has been taken against her will, overnight she becomes an avid lap dancer, its totally laughable in parts, I read to 50% where the SAS became involved next to rescue her, totally professional men in reality, made to look like a joke in this book, saying it would be easy to get her out as she was so athletic as she used to go on action weekends paint balling with her Dad!!!!
and no I definitely will not be purchasing the follow on....
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 March 2013
This is the story of Karen, a seventeen year old girl kidnapped in the UK and shipped abroad to be sold as a sex slave.

The story itself really is a stretch for the imagination at some points as the heroine's fight for survival takes place.

Apart from being a little hard to believe the tale is quite engaging although the story does seem to 'lag' in some areas, the whole idea of a teenage girl taking on an entire army at one point seems rather ridiculous.

All in all though it's not a bad read and would easily pass a few hours if you like an action packed novel.
on 9 June 2016
I really enjoyed the people traders.It was not the kind of book that I would of normally of read but I could not wait to find out how things were going to work out.I enjoyed the main character in it too and was rooting for her all the way.I will definitely read more of Keith Hoares books from now on.
on 10 March 2017
Don't bother, it's a load of absolute rubbish ! I had to finish it, but it was a struggle, lots of mistakes and terrible story.
Although the start, did have a lot of interest but got worse......
on 1 June 2015
really well written. Kept me riveted till the end. Just one thing though. I would have expected more success from our SAS, not just a 78 year old lady to provide as much help as a whole lot of soldiers did. Is book 5 inthe series the last one available on kindle or are there more forthcoming?
on 15 April 2018
This book is so well written I could not stop reading I will now get the next book too see what happens next.
on 15 October 2016
Bit unsure on this one. Did seem a bit far fetched in places but I guess if you were in the situation like Karen was you would
Do anything. Going to try the next book though.