on 25 January 2014
Some recent packs of 'Clean Paws' have had a change in formulation using a more red 'mud-like' substance in the mix. This new formulation can cause staining when it is scattered on the floor around the litter tray. I have written to the manufacturer about this but have yet to receive any acknowledgement or reply.
on 6 January 2018
This is amazing cat litter. As an experienced cat owner with a multi cat household who all prefer to use indoor facilities, I have been searching for a litter which is as good as the 'Worlds Best' litter I discovered some years ago but without the price tag. I'm pleased to say I've finally found it with Clean Paws Clumping Litter. This is a fine, red sand which isn't like any other litter I've seen. It clumps together well (but doesn't set like concrete like some of the cheaper litters), allowing you to scoop out the used bits but the clean litter easily falls through the scoop, minimizing waste. It doesn't seem to stick to paws much, although I do use a paw cleaning mat at the front of my tray, and anyway, it hoovers up very easily, no gritty lumps clogging the vacuum or crunching under your shoes or even worse, piercing a bare foot. All of my cats have transferred straight onto this litter with no problems. I really do recommend getting a bag and trying for yourself. It is unscented, but I scoop twice a day with 3 cats and have no odour (I've asked friends) and with my previous litter I had to completely change it every two days. 10/10
on 18 December 2017
And by my cats I mean me. No issues, clumps very well, doesn’t stick to the bottom or the sides unless I don’t put enough in the box, and has minimal tracking unless your cat is very enthusiastic about covering his stuff. In that case you can’t avoid the copacabana effect, as it is pretty much very coarse sand. Good odor control too.
on 15 February 2018
This is the best cat litter I’ve bought, I am a breeder of Ragdoll ,! ! it is fairly fine litter !,but not dusty ! It clumps very well , which saves a fortune!. Great litter for tiny paws and big paws alike ! Altogether a great cat litter at an affordable price as i have five Ragdolls which are indoor cats, so a good litter for them is essential !.
on 20 October 2017
I'm a convert now to this. Was using Pettex wooden pellets which were OK but they do have a strong smell. This has no smell and since using it my house doesn't smell funky any more. There is also a massive cut down on the amount that used to go on the floor.Glad I read the reviews as I was throwing the whole tray full out every day, now I just keep the mess scooped out and add a little to freshen. Lasting much longer as you can imagine. You have to be careful if using in a kitchen as the grains do tend to fly about but that might just be me.
on 6 February 2014
For the price....

I expected better.

I've had much better litter than this for a cheaper price...it sort of clumps and sticks to the bottom of the tray making it actually -harder- to clean out. My previous litter was out of stock so unfortunately I had to settle for this. The one I usually use literally balls up any pee into a neat ball thats easily scooped out and barely smells at all.

The odour is still very strongly smelled even with weekly cleaning using this litter.

Do not like it.
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 August 2015
cat litter is excellent and good value for money although the red colour does stain. Clumps and leaves a clean tray but and its a big but,...the bag it comes in is paper. Okay a few layers of paper but nowhere near strong enough to hold 15kg of litter. As I can only get this product online and its delivered, I wont be buying again until the packaging is changed. I'd lost approx 1kg before it got to my door, and suffered a very disgruntled delivery driver who had to clean his van after the bag tearing. Shame as I really like the product, please change the packaging!
on 11 March 2014
I purchased this litter for my two kittens after reading excellent reviews and I was definitely disappointed.

The bag was really heavy but it arrived home alright - Spain -. The content, thoug, has nothing to do with "Clean", because it's a BRICK-RED fine grained material - and an extremely dusty one.

It was also a bit smelly, but it was absolutely unpleasant after the kittens started using it - where did the odour control go?.

After that, I got ten days of RED footprints all over my bathroom, which I share with the kittens: toilet, bathtub, sinks, everywhere. I also got red footprints on carpets and even on a bed. The dust was intense but I could sweep it. Footprints were readily visible and a real nuisance to clean up!
on 12 January 2013
There are a few things I don't like about this litter, but I still prefer it to others now.
Cons...It sticks to the bottom of the tray. (I'm considering using a very thin wipe of baby oil on the bottom or perhaps it's not deep enough?)
Sometimes the clumps break leaving tiny bit of soiled clay in the tray.
I seem to get through it very quickly-one days cleaning can almost empty the tray (I have two trays, two cats and clean daily they are on a wet
food diet so they may produce more urine.)
It's tiny and spreads all over the floor (although one of the cats is a breed that likes to remove litter in order to play.)I do need to sweep/hoover the tray areas twice daily.

So why do I like it?
The cats love it and use it and dig around for ages. There is no more scraping the wall or side of tray.
The cats are more likely to spend time burying their doings.
Despite daily sifting and sweeping being extra work for me it's worth it because the trays just never smell.
Despite some of the clumps breaking up the tray is still much cleaner that usual.

I had been using catsan and emptying the whole tray twice weekly. It has served me well for years. But honestly this has reduced the smell noticably.
on 17 September 2014
The cats like to use it so it has to be ok! The grains don't seem to track very much and are not so light as to flick everywhere like the walnut shell type litter does, that I am using in a separate litter tray. Easy to sift out the clumps and it seems to last a fair time. Not had any trouble with staining of carpets etc from it, but then, it's been a dry summer and my cats' paws have not been wet when they have entered the litter tray.The bag just about stood up to the delivery process but really, being such a heavy product, it could do with being a tad more securely wrapped. Would probably try and source this from a local supplier in future as not keen to risk broken packaging and the hassle that will entail.