on 21 June 2016
I have had this desk for over 2 years now and I cannot fault it one bit

It arrived quickly, nicely packaged together. The desk has a very good heavy weight to it, which you will not find at this price range as others will charge the same if not more for a desk with very weak light flimsy wood so at this price is a steal.

I had chosen the large black computer desk and it looks excellent, the colour has not faded over time it still looks as good as new which I am very pleased with.

The draws also have a good weight to it and glide in and out without any problems which you will sometimes come across on cheaper desks which have draws that do not fit or break easily because they use cheap runners , so I am very pleased with the quality of those.

Build time should take you between 20 mins – an hour depending on experience and it can be assembled by one person, but adding the top shelf will be a little tricky with one person and for that part it would help having a second person assisting you.

I chose not to install the printer shelf attachment so I could get more space for additional storage which this allows you to do.

Overall this was a fantastic purchase and it has lasted me a few years and I expect it to last me many more.

If you found my review helpful I would very much appreciate it if you could please click on the yes button below in order to increase visibility to help others make a decision.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 November 2016
OK, Lovely desk, clear instructions, every part clearly labelled and you get a free screwdriver! Assembly was nice and easy and took a couple of hours which was good. Words of caution: First, check all parts are there (obvious I know but worth remembering), secondly check the condition of all parts, I got about half way through assembly when I found one panel had been touched up, thankfully the damage was on the underside so no problem. When screwing in the studs insert the screwdriver into the hole first and wiggle it about a bit to widen the edge of the hole, that way the screw will go in easily. When assembling, do not rush it or be too heavy handed, this is what it is: Compressed board with a paper veneer which is easily damaged if handled roughly. Most important of all: Assemble it where you want it as the pedestals are joined at the top only and moving it after assembly risks damaging it. All holes and parts were perfectly aligned and the finished desk looks fantastic. The 'Beech' colour is slightly warmer than most beech coloured furniture but the colour does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Final conclusion: This is a great quality desk at a very good price, easily assembled with clear instructions, the screwdriver and even a little bag of spare screws etc, these guys really thought about this. Lovely desk that will serve you well for years. With cleaning, do not use a damp cloth or liquid cleaner - remember that the 'Beech' is simply a paper veneer and will ultimately absorb water, if you need to remove dirt try using a wax based aerosol cleaner sprayed on the cloth not on the desk. Nice piece of furniture at a very good price.
on 5 March 2015
**WARNING - THIS DESK MAY NEED MORE/BETTER TOOLS THAN PROVIDED**

Now that that's out of the way let me tell you a little about me.

I have 0 DIY experience and am just a regular geek who spends too much time playing games on the PC.

I was in dire need of a new one and thought I'd give this a shot.

BUILDING:
The assembly was difficult and took a long time (8 hours with not a lot of time in between) I managed to do it in one day but it took the best part of it. The back panels of the desk needed to be drilled, the holes provided were tiny and you couldn't fit the screws provided into them without it being drilled first as the screws were blunt ended. (I believe this is for part 12 in the instruction manual) Also the screwdrivers provided are very small and caused blisters, so I recommend having a bigger phillips screwdriver. Once that was done the rest of the assembly was rather easy.

LOOKS:
Amazing. I'll provide a picture.

Unfortunately my gaming rig was too big to fit inside the cabinet but my PC is pretty monstrous. (The case is a Fractal Define R5)

FEEL:
Very sturdy, really happy with the structure, the draws slide out nicely and the sliding out tray above them is a nice touch.

OVERALL (TL;DR):
Very nice desk but harder to put together than you may think. Worth it.
review image
on 10 January 2016
After much consideration, browsing many office desks/workstations, I took the plunge on this Piranha computer desk. Although at the amazing price of 115 it was not so much of a gamble, after reading the excellent reviews.
After receiving the product almost the next working day, I had to wait until the weekend to set up my office desk. My father said that he would help me with it. I have to admit to being a complete noob at DIY, and would not be able to do it on my own, mostly because of my incompetence. I helped my dad, getting each part ready for the next bit, and the screws ready. The instructions were great, really clear visual pictures of what you had to do. My dad and I completed it in about 3 hours, which was a bit longer than it should have as we went wrong with a couple of things, completely at our own fault. My dad said that it would have been difficult to do it on ones own, but not impossible. It was definitely easier having two of us doing it, so would advise doing it between two of you.
The desk itself it really great. It looks excellent and for the price is just amazing. I am so happy with it, I really couldn't ask for anymore. It is very sturdy and just fitted together perfectly. If you are looking for a reasonably priced office/computer desk, this one is for you. Plenty big enough for what I need it for, which is some computer work and a space for me to do my studies/revision. I have added 3 photos so that you can see how it looks now its done.
I rarely write reviews but felt compelled to write one for this great product, please look at the pictures I have uploaded to see how great it looks.
5 STARS
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 27 April 2016
Here are the various categories based on which I am giving a 3 star rating to this product.
1. Item delivery: The product arrived within the estimated delivery time provided by the seller. The delivery consists of 2 boxes.
2. Packaging: The product packaging was satisfactory. There were items in one of the box that had moved around during delivery but that is to be expected.
3. Assembly instructions: I found the instructions included with the product to be detailed and easy to follow. All items mentioned in the documentation were present in the delivered boxes.
4. Assembly: I would not call myself an expert at DIY but have put together a few items similar to this table in the past so am not a complete novice. From start to finish, it took me roughly 5 hours to assemble the complete table. One suggestion would be to use a screw driver other than the one included in the box. While the included screw driver does have its use, especially, towards the end of the assembly when you need to tighten a few screws and are cramped for space, for most part a larger screw driver would make things easier.
5. Product quality: This is where I found the product to be lacking, so much so that if there was a 2.5 star rating available on Amazon, I would have most likely gone for that. Here are reasons for rating on the low side.
a. When I started putting together the drawers, I noticed that the laminate was slightly chipped on one of the corners. I did not think to much of it as I knew that when placed in its intended location in the room it would be in the corner and would hardly be noticeable. Half way through the assembly I noticed similar damage on the face of the compartment that houses the CPU.
b. As I kept on assembling the table, I noticed more and more marks on various parts of the table. I am sure that with use over time a lot of scratches would end up on this table but it would have been nice to have a clean product to begin with.
c. While the visible corners of the table are rounded, the corners/edges of the drawers are extremely sharp. And I mean sharp as in capable of giving you a nasty cut so exercise care while opening and closing drawers.
d. In the item that I received, the markings of where the drawers sliders were to be attached on the side wall does not seem to be correct. Hence one of the drawers does not sit perfectly straight. I am able to open and close the drawer without any issue at all, it is just that it is not perfectly straight.
e. The face of the left side of the table (that would be the left side wall of the table next to the drawers) is not finished nicely at all. I am reluctant to use anything on that just in case it would make matters worse. As was the case with the chipped laminate of the drawer, that particular side is going to be very close to the wall so hopefully would not be too noticeable.
f. There is slight damage to the floor of the compartment where the CPU is supposed to go. It does appear to be because of the nut that was added to base of the table. This would get covered by the CPU so I am not too bothered because of it.

I went for this particular item because I found the design to be quite practical, which I still believe is the case. I am just wondering that considering similar design tables are available from a different manufacturer as well and for a slightly cheaper price, if I would have been better off going for the cheaper option. I have a feeling that the finish quality would not be too different.

Just one more observation, I do think that the finish of the actual product is slightly darker than what appears in the photographs. This actually was beneficial for me as it matches the floor in the room.
on 4 January 2016
Thank you for the QUICK delivery on my recent purchase of your Piranha computer desk model PC5. I expected it to be a nightmare to put together. I was amazed that every piece of wood was numbered and all the screws and bolts also individually packed and numbered and thank you for the bag of spare bits and the screw driver. I put it together on my own in 5 hours but could have saved over an hour if.......................
Just a few recommendations that would help.
Instead of a screw driver fitments why not use an allen (hex) key fitments on the screws and bolts. With a allen (hex) key you get grip when tightening up screws and bolts. The holes on the wood really could do with them tapping out as the top finish covered most of the holes and I had to used the screw driver to poke them before I could get the bolts in.
Picture 9 in the assembly instruction booklet does not show that board 12 has two holes and should have the holes facing towards board number 10, and the same on picture 15. Board 19 should have the holes facing board 16.
It is easier to attach board 23 on to 24 if it is done on picture 20, rather than trying to do it laid on the floor as in picture 22.
Finally once put together the compartment that holds the tower...........doesn't. Once I have put all my cables in the tower, my tower hangs over the front lip by 2 inches. Board number 19 should be cut ot taking into consideration that the tower is now up to 3 inches longer with all the cables hanging out. Ie cut the board in say an arch shape allowing the cables.

Hope you don't mind the feedback.
on 27 August 2016
Spent this morning putting the desk together. I'm not a confident DIY person so it took me longer than most people listed in other reviews - I started 8:30am and finished 1:30pm (5 hours on the dot!). It was pretty straightforward but I recommend going slowly and calmly. Occasionally I started to hurry/rush & I immediately started to make mistakes like applying too much pressure when screwing in a screw at a wrong angle, almost breaking the component. But happy to report I successfully built the desk with no malfunctions or defects and I'm super happy with it. Love the colour - matches my room perfectly, looks suave and smart, and very comfortable to work on. I'm looking forward to spending some good hard working hours at this desk. Highly recommended, but allow a good 4-5 hours of your day to put this beast together. Instructions were also v clear and I liked that all the pieces were labelled with a key/code.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 July 2016
Ordered Monday, delivered Wednesday. I assembled a bit and my husband did the rest. The instructions are very clear - we are old enough to remember struggling with MFI flat pack furniture - this is all clearly marked with a letter, the individual bags of screws are clearly marked with sizes and letters so no guessing which part goes where. A fantastic solid desk that looks like you could easily sit on it rather than at it. I have bought it for home working but my husband has just ordered one for his office as he was so impressed by the quality. I bought this one due to the good reviews, normally when you read them, there is always someone who hates the product so gives a one star - there is no one like that here!
on 14 February 2018
This is a fabulous desk. We are highly impressed with the quality and the super-easy-to-follow instructions. Hubby is a DIY person and he found it VERY easy to follow instructions as every part was perfectly labelled. It took him roughly 3 hours to assemble and didn't complain about a single thing. He used his own electric screwdriver even though a screwdriver was included. The desk was delivered 1-2 days earlier than expected, which was super cool. Packaging was great and nothing damaged. We bought the beach colour which is a nice, warm colour. I can definitely recommend this desk, the drawers are also a great size for all sorts and will buy again from this company.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 April 2016
The desk itself is fantastic, it looks great and is very sturdy meaning I have no worries about knocking objects off it were I to bump or knock the desk. There's is a fair amount of room on the desk which is great for a decent PC gaming set up, though I'd recommend not installing the small shelf on the top if you're looking at a 2+ monitor set up.

Assembly was lengthy as I did it alone, the instructions are very clear but the problem I had were the screw holes weren't always wide enough for the screw to fit. This was easily overcome with a power drill but I would have had some serious trouble with the drawers sliders if I was doing this without a power drill so for that reason alone I'd highly recommend using one.

Overall I'm highly satisfied with this product, it's exactly what I expected, but as I said I'd highly recommend using a drill for this as it will make things so much easier and save you a fair amount of time.