on 11 July 2013
The pencils were not as shown in the photo - they came loose in a padded envelope and are not the bright colours shown but rather dull (3 grey, 3 mid-blue, 2 red, 1 green and 1 yellow/orange).
on 30 January 2016
I use pencils all the time but, by comparison with Paper Mate's non-stop mechanical pencil Paper Mate Non Stop Mechanical Pencil HB 0.7mm - Assorted Colours (Box of 12), which for years has been my pencil of choice, these are fairly horrid. I decided to try them as a cheap alternative (these were £2.58 for a packet of 10) but they are cumbersome and awkward to use.

Both types are 0.7mm tip lead pencils with a rubber at the other end, but the non-stop pencils are rotated at the tip to advance or retract the lead to exactly where it works best for you. And it's easy to retract the lead when putting the non-stop pencil back in your pocket or bag. With these, however, the lead is advanced by pushing at the rubber tip of the pencil and it is harder to get the right length of lead protruding at the other end. It is also not readily retractable. The fiddly pieces of lead break easily and are prone to fall out.

I remember this sort of frustrating propelling pencil, where you're forever dealing with little pieces of lead, from times past, and the disposable non-refillable non-stop pencils had made that a distant memory. I will be sticking with the non-stop pencils in future.
on 8 July 2013
Disappointed and feel misled by this seller due to the image used as doesn't represent item selling.

Pencils arrived not in a pack but separate so not easy to store and not great for postage. They are also not the colours shown but dark - green, red, grey and blue. They are however Papermate 0.7mm. I wouldn't have bought them had I known they would be these dark colours.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 September 2015
These are really good quality mechanical pencils at a great price.

I bought these as Amazon Add-On items and they came exactly as illustrated. The pack contains ten pencils, each pencil contains three pencil leads that are each 10 cm in length, so these are much longer than the standard refill leads which tend to be around 6 cm.

Each pencil also has a good quality eraser which serves as the lid to the lead container. 10 cm of lead provides a lot of writing and when you get to the end you simply shake the pencil a little to make sure the next lead is in place and press the eraser repeatedly to feed the new lead through. You can hear the sound of the click when you press the eraser change when it ‘grabs’ the next lead. You may have to pull the remnants of the old lead out of the pencil if it sticks.

I found the quality of the pencil leads to be very good. If you find they keep snapping try writing with the lead extending from the pencil a little less - , simply press down on the eraser and gently ease the lead back into the pencil a little with your finger.

Once you’ve used up all three leads the pencil can be topped up with refills, just make sure they’re the same 0.7 mm diameter.

Really good pencils and a bargain price at around twenty-five pence each.
review image
on 13 June 2015
Really disappointed in these. The lead feels much finer than 0.7 & is excessively sharp even after extended use. I use mainly for newspaper crosswords & puzzles & I've lost count of the amount of times these have torn into the paper. Also VERY pale - can hardly be seen in some lights. It's back to the yellow non-stop for me!
on 25 November 2013
A few of the pencils were snapped in the bag, luckily there are so many of them I can afford to loose a few.
on 18 February 2012
The lead kept snapping.

I won't buy these again.

I'll go back to the excellent Papermate Non-Stop Pencils that I've been using for years.
on 11 April 2016
I love these pencils. I bought them a year ago to help with revision, and I haven't had to replace any of the leads yet. I'm a Chemistry student as well so I use pencils for near enough everything!

Arrived exactly like they are in the picture - 10 brightly coloured mechanical pencils, with plenty of lead and a rubber on each end. The erasers are really good, nice and soft so they rub out without damaging the paper or leaving marks. Really pleased, will be buying more when mine run out!
on 5 August 2015
Love the papermate mechanical pencils... but not these. The lead feels "scratchy" and they don't sit as well in my hand either. But I am very fussy.

Much prefer the "non-stop" twisting pencils.
on 13 June 2015
I purchased these for my work diary. They do work, however, some the lead tends to slip back up when you are writing, which is a little annoying but tbh I haven't found a mechanical pencil that doesn't have that problem!

See one answered question