on 16 November 2012
This does the job very well - very happy, but note that because the drives are stacked vertically you'll need straight connectors for both drives - not right-angle connectors. I went for these 45cm SATA II (Serial ATA 2) Cable (3Gb/s) ~ Straight to Straight ~ Latching Lock (Lead cannot become loose disconnect) ~ Male to Male (M-M).
I came across this dock whilst searching for a 2.5 inch SATA bracket to house my new Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive. I had no doubt that there wouldn't be any quality issues due to the fact that I use many Icy Dock peripherals.

The unit comes in a strong cardboard packaging including all you need to mount two 2.5" drives: screws a comprehensive instruction leaflet and the 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch adapter itself.
It is so easy to install this device, a light squeeze on the indicated ends and drive housing just slots in place.

A point worth noting is that the Icy Dock can host two 2.5 inch drives, which is an added bonus.

Thumbs up for clever design which means that no tools are required and ease of installation.

Highly recommended
on 9 June 2012
I chose the Icy Dock Bracket for several reasons. One, this bracket supports two 2.5" hdds or two SSD's or any combination of the two, and secondly, the ease of use. This bracket is so easy to use, due to the screwless design, (Although, if you want, you can remove the posts and use screws instead), just squeeze the two levers at the front, line up the little posts with the screw holes, and let go. Although, it can take a few goes to line them up. Definitely recommended!
on 4 January 2013
As people have said previously an elegant solution for fitting a 2.5" drive in a 3.5" bay ... and you can actually fit 2x 2.5" SSDs in the housing which is a real plus! Where it looses points for me is in the design: while you can reposition the two rear grub screws to match up with your existing hole configuration you can't do the same with the front two screws. I am left with 3 options: have the front of the drive sitting considerably proud of the case, have it equally recessed or have it only secured by the rear screws; I opted for the latter but only because I was fitting an SSD.
As the bay is deeper than the length of the drive and the dock it is worth noting that you can only use a straight SATA connection.
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2014
I recently picked up a solid state drive for my PC and didn't take into account how I was actually going to fit it into my case, bearing in mind a standard SSD is quite a bit smaller than a 3.5" hard disk drive. So I realised I needed some kind of bracket to fit the SSD into, and after a bit of research and reading reviews I went for this one.

What struck me was you get what you pay for in such a bracket, and this Icy Dock version is brilliant. The SSD clips in, you then slot the bracket into the HDD cage in your case and that's it. The bracket is very easy to fit and, certainly in my case, requires no tools. It even has room for a second SSD should you need it.

A very handy item and essential for any SSD going into a PC tower case. You can get cheaper brackets, but for an extra few pounds I think this is well worth it due to the build quality and ease of use.
on 20 September 2013
I have several old laptop HDD just hanging around, and wanted to use them as small internal drives in my PC. This bracket holds the drives firmly, they're easy to move into their bays but the bracket itself doesn't seem to be suited for any particular space in a computer. It's a bit long to fit in the lower bay of my Dell, so it had to go in one of the other bays. It won't move forward enough to fit flush to the front fascia of the PC, but it's not a problem for me as I'm not concerned about a sleek look to the computer.

It does what it should do, hold the drives, but it does leave a bit to be desired in holding it in a drive bay. For the price, it is adequate to the task but I may eventually replace it with something that fits a bit better into the computer.

Be aware that it's only a bracket, if you have IDE drives and a computer with only SATA connections, you will need to source the converter kits for those too.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2012
I purchased this bracket to use in my Corsair Obsidian 650D case, the fittings being tool less, I found it to fit well with no issues at all. I would recommend this bracket to anyone, I should add that the package contains fittings (screws etc) for the standard case type of fit.
on 8 February 2012
If you are fed up with the simple metal plate mounts and want a more elegant solution to mount one or two drives, look no further.

I have docked one star because the mount requires two hole mounting that is not compatible with a 3.5" drive mount holes. Your chassis needs to be the type that has three hole options so that you can choose two holes close together.

The metal bracket mounts have the same problem mount hole location but this nice plastic product is so much better.
on 9 November 2013
Although this was correctly described i am still disappointed, i cannot use it to mount the hard drive i wanted to use and it feels very flimsy, particularly the front door part , there is just a piece of plastic that must be compressed to open & which keeps it closed.
Plastic springs just seem wrong, i cannot believe it will last for long but i've no evidence to base that prejudice on and i guess this item would have cost a lot more if it had a better locking mechanism so it has to be worth the price as it does what it claims to do, well perhaps not always, . one thing to be aware of is that hard drives deeper than 1cm won't fit into this (the hard drive i particularly wanted to put into this is about 1.25 cm deep & it won't fit into either tray).
on 8 March 2014
Ok bought this as I'd bought an 2.5" SSD for my desktop system and needed a holder, so I could put it in the 3.5" slot.

Main problem is It doesn't fit in the 3.5" bracket, a Cooler Master tower, even trying to use the easy release thing Cooler Master Supply (as the holder only fits in 1 slot so keeps dropping.)

The second problem is that the holder, for the 2.5" is really tight and you feel like you may damage the SSD trying to get it in and out.

On the whole really not impressed and couldn't recommend.

See one answered question