on 20 November 2016
I bought the Duronic HDC2 case for my Seagate Backup Plus Slim external hard drive, as I need to take the drive around with me quite a lot of the time. Mechanical hard drives are prone to data loss when being thrown about, so a case was a very important accessory in my opinion. The Duronic case was big enough to fit my hard drive, and the data cable that came with it - possibly with a little too much room, however the elastic band keeps it from sliding around too much in the case. That being said, my hard drive is especially small for a 2.5" drive. The outer casing is hard, however the zip that closes the case is of course soft, so if you for example sat on the case, I can't imagine it would protect it much.

However if you want a case to help protect the drive from damage when being taken from being thrown around from bag to desk, then this is what you need.
review image review image
on 5 April 2017
I bought 3 of these as I thought I was getting a really good deal. They were advertised as being in the sale for £5 each with the original price being £20. They arrived the following day and they fit my Seagate Expansion and Back up HDDs perfectly, the little pocket for the cord is great and the zip seems sturdy enough.
Like I said I ordered these as I thought I was getting a good deal with them being in the sale at only £5 each instead of £20 but the overall quality isn't great, they look cheap and feel and I think they are advertised like this exactly for the sole purpose of making it feel like a great offer. They are certainly not worth £20, and having now seen them, there are cheaper ones out there that are probably the same quality for less.
I wish I had spent the extra £4.50 now to get 3 Mudder ones. I have given this product 3* because it is a good little case and other than looking cheap, I can't really find any faults with it at the moment. Do I think they are worth £5 ... not sure if honest, there are cheaper ones out there that look identical, but they are certainly not worth £20 each. That said I think it is better to pay extra and get better quality ones, afterall you want to make sure that HDD is well protected.
on 12 April 2017
I really like these cases a lot. Their price is very affordable and very good quality. Having just looked up on my order history, the first time I bought one of these cases was back in May 2012. I have been buying them exclusively ever since every time I buy portable hard drives. This last order has now upped my count to 12 cases in total. Back to the case; it is durable, your disk drive fits perfectly, it has an elasticated band to keep the drive secure, plus a netted pouch for storing the drives' cable when you want every thing packed away. I just noticed that I stated the obvious seen as you can clearly see it on tho photos, Anyway, too much effort to tap the backspace key repeatedly to clear out that last two sentences.

Anyway, the point is, you cant go wrong buying these cases and they are well worth their price. Go for it, you know you want to. Click on that Add to Basket button...
on 3 March 2017
I'm wishing I'd spent a bit more on something better quality. It's not that this case isn't functional - it's the fact that it emanates an incredibly strong chemical smell which is left on your skin after handling, it really reeks. After putting my nose against the case to have a sniff my throat felt a bit sore. It's not worth the cost of a return and I'll be putting this outside in the bin pretty quickly.
on 26 June 2017
For the price this is a good little case for carrying portable hard drives etc. I would have liked a bit more protection/padding if I'm completely honest as I don't think it would fully protect anything inside if it were accidentally dropped from any height above 1 meter. That said it does appear well made and will stop the ingress of dust and dirt it's also very light. I like it but I don't love it.
on 20 April 2017
Saying "i love it" is fairly over the top for this simple pouch. Brought it to house my Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive and cable. It does that job very well.
on 3 August 2016
Just what I was hoping for a case for my external al hard drive. In expensive lightweight & much better than the box. Helping to protect it when not in use or when transporting it elsewhere.
Packaging minimal but effective.
on 27 April 2017
Bought to go with hdd - the soft pouch came with it didn't really seem suitable. This was much more robust and drive fit in it perfectly.
on 6 June 2017
This compact and smart case hold the Seagate Slim drive perfectly, with room for the cable in the interior pocket. Great value.
on 5 June 2017
I am very pleased with the carry case, it is just what I needed for my external hard drive and is substantial. It is very well priced,too!