Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 1 March 2010
I just downloaded the new Peepers album and was again blown away by the sheer quality and breadth of this new album from Polar Bear...the range and quality of every track is fully up to all expectations and a pleasure to hear. I cannot recommend this latest offering enough to all music lovers, whether or not they consider themselves true jazz buffs or otherwise. If you get a chance to see this band live DO NOT MISS IT! Everything they do on record is even more impressive live if past experience is anything to go by. (I will be seeing them tomorrow night at Highbury and feel privilaged to get the chance!)
If in any doubt, don't hesitate! Download this album now or buy the CD as soon as possible and enjoy every moment!

PS: Just back from latest gig and happy to confirm this to be up to usual high standards!
on 25 December 2010
Vaguely heard of these guys before, and had listened to some previews of this album. I am a big, but ill educated fan of many jazz genres. Looking to expand my horizons. This album sure does that! Chock full of some marvellous tunes with a real psychedelic/ambient jazz flavour. Right up my street. One of the best jazz albums I've listened to in a very long time. Highly recommended.
on 4 February 2010
I was lucky enough to get a promo of this album a few weeks ago and thought it was excellent.

I have all Polar Bear albums plus a few live recordings too and they always move me with their depth and beauty. This album is no exception with some really lovely tunes with great beats (Happy For You); some far out improvisation (with psychedelic overtones, e.g. Bump); interesting and experimental atmospheres, induced by electronica and sampling (Want to Belive Everything); and downright brilliant tune writing (the title track). I hope this album will push them more into mainstream consciousness and appreciation, I know they extend their influence beyond the Jazz world already but they deserve to have their music heard by lots more people.
on 12 March 2010
Having bought their last album I was pleased to see that Polar Bear had a new album. Was I disappointed? Not at all! Suprised? A little. Some of it is almost pop. I say almost because that's where PB work best. What they create is not one thing or another. A true amalgam of styles and musical contexts.
It was only on third play round that the album truly hit home. And the last track? Well I think Robert Wyatt should be contacted and asked to write a vocal over it! Even better, how about a collaboration.
Buy it now and be suprised!
on 8 April 2011
With "Peepers" I make my introduction to POLAR BEAR and, while I was listening to it, I thought inmediately in PORTICO QUARTET and MOSTLY OTHER PEOPLE DO THE KILLING: Pop-Jazz? The songs structures are simply, the tonality is common, and the track lenght is mainly short. However, all the innovation and space for freedom that Jazz has, it's here. In this sense, POLAR BEAR achieved in this CD at the same time, an easy lisening, but adeventurous too. I'm not tired of listening to it over and over again, the main evidence to say that this album is great. A great discovering.
on 8 April 2010
Fresh, fun, fantastic. Best Polar Bear album so far.

Note for the Polar Bear virgins out there: its not rock; its not jazz really, but it is more that than anything; its just fun and clever, raw, acoustic, small-venue music.

Leafcutter John's contribution is subtle but valuable.
on 3 May 2014
My son said this was cool,I not so sure, but I ll give it some more plays and the fact is they are playing at the LOVE Suppreme nr Brighton in july is a bonus
on 11 February 2012
Having recently bought the new A ndy sheppard albumTrio Libero i decided to lopk back in my collection to this album,because the excellent Seb Rochford features on both albums,This is adventurous jazz with overtones of Evan Parker and various other forms as well,there is melody in abundance he re,although
it id difficult to categorize w hat market this is aimed at,the music is xperimental,and hugely likeable,again i am reminded of Perfect houseplants as well.
PETE WAREHAM.....TENOR SAX