Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 4 September 2010
This is possibly the best skate game to date. However, it is still basically exactly the same as the previous 2 installments, just a slightly improved version of the second.

The graphics and controls have improved greatly, it looks way more realistic graphically, and the new map feels a little fresher and more enjoyable to explore (compared to the blue washed san van which was still great, but a little bland at times).

There are different difficulty settings simply affecting how realistic the game feels and looks. The harder the settings the harder it will be to land big tricks, plus you bail more often on the harder setting, but it is nice to play with more realism. However it makes some of the challenges really tough!

Overall what we are left with is more polished version of skate 2. Nicer cleaner graphics, better controls and a nice new play area. The only problem is it isn't really bringing anything new to the table, the challenges are all really similar to the previous games and the whole game still feels a little too familiar.

If you're new the the skate franchise then I'd personally say buy this game and skip the other 2, because in my honest opinion it is the best one to play and the nicest looking of the three. Hope this helps, happy gaming!
77 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2011
This is a great game as the graphics are amazing and is good because you can do loads of things like free-running and even playing football. The only problem is I don't get why it's a 16. I would rate it as a 12. Apart from that a brilliant game.
on 4 September 2010
the controls feel allot smoother and the trick list is lengthened.
Having the option to play the game in a more realistic manner is a great improvement. if your new to the game having it on easy is fine but it limits you from doing the more crazy things.

my main problem with this game is that I can't skate from one side of the city to the other. there are 3 separate areas and no roads connecting each of them. the map doesn't show me where I am and encourages you to teleport from place to place rather than to skate it. having the ability to just jump from spot to spot is great but I want to be able to know where I'm skating when I'm not doing that.

If you've played either of the first two then it's defiantly worth getting. if you like skating but want somthing a bit more tactile than Tony Hawks then this is the game for you.
on 1 July 2011
It is an amazing game, i am a massive fan of skate games but this is the best, you can do anything from play football to get a tazer in the backside.
on 28 December 2013
this s sutch a fun game the campaine is fun and is defintly worth if for the map make withc is in my top 3 map makers of all time but when you get water triane you can create obticle courses with your objects use your imaginastion it doesn't need to be a skate park and mes around with it becouse i have lost somany hours tryign to complet my own parkour maps and going as mad as posible with it i eel bad for you if you don't laugh at this great gmae as its just that a game ot laugh at not to get anoyed with.
on 6 December 2013
When I got this game, I blazed through the main story. I didn't play halo or CoD for a while because of this game! Great main story ( not really a story just missions) and awesome replay value. Only complaint is that skate 2 had some nicer spots to skate but this one has more than a fair share of epic ramps!
on 15 January 2014
Realistic and vast choice of developing a personalised skater, and parks, easy to understand !!!!!!!
Good graphics and great to play
on 14 August 2013
I absolutely loved skate 2 and enjoyed just sitting round and playing it with my mates, so when I heard about skate 3 I was so excited! I found though that you can no longer play multiplayer offline and the career mode was so hard in comparison! I still love this game but I think skate 2 is sssooo much better!
on 29 September 2015
I got my first copy of this game three or four years ago, and even now I'll play it from time to time. Really fun game to play with friends, I'm not even into sports games or anything, this game is just really fun.

(four stars rather than five because I received the classics edition which it was not listed as)
on 14 June 2010
Having wasted days and days of my life on the previous two editions, i found this one to be just as good.

Challenges and general functionability (object dropper, speed of running, ease of jumping, dificulty settings) have improved hugely!
Online is much better too.

One miniscule issue is that I find that the map doesnt link together in such a nice way as in the previous two set in San Van. This effects freeskate abit, but not enough to justify not buying it.

Excellent progression from the previous games, good buy :)