Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 13 July 2017
This film seems a continuation of the Arthurisation of the Robin Hood legend by many film-makers. A lot of effort went into creating the deeply medieval fantasy plot, carrying with it the swashbuckling sword-fighting of the more prominent Adventures of Robin Hood and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. The perfect casting of Robin Dunne of Robin Hood and the open-ended narrative at the end of the film makes it a perfect prequel to the Robin & Marian film featuring Sean Connery. The story-line fits the typical timings of Robin Hood screenplays, namely when King Richard is away and his brother John is attempting to take control of England. However, it is quite original, with only the character names following the traditional legend known to many as whilst some the scenes are iconographic of Robin Hood as told time and time again, it is not the usual characters involved in them and not everyone lives happily ever after.
on 18 July 2010
Robin Hood and dragons... an unsual mix and this movie shows why it should be avoided doing so again, this movie would have worked if it did not have the Robin Hood story mixed into it, but it does!

This is a bad movie, bad story, bad direction and appalling acting, even taking the 'flaming arrow' sequence from the Prince of Thiefs movie! The ony saving grace is that it is reasonably short and it ends. The sound is not too bad, but there is a lot of sound effects that we have heard in many movies many times before.

The DVD itself is sparse of features, a trailer and a 'Making Of' video, though the 'Makin Of' video is more informative of the making process than others I have seen.

Overall, I did not like this movie and felt rather cheated out of the money I paid for it, and suggest that you avoid buying, this is more of 'a rent-me-once' then never again movie. A 1 star rating is the best I will give this movie!
on 19 October 2011
I like Robin Hood, I like dragons, and for the sake of a bit of entertainment I was more than happy to sit down and enjoy Robin Hood vs Dragons. That's not this film's problem; it's just badly acted and badly directed. It utterly lacks any dramatic tension and fails to play with the familliar rotes of the genre in an engaging way, which is a shame because there are a few twists and the dragon looks great. I jsut found myself bored and waiting for it to end.
on 21 March 2015
I saw this recently on the Horror channel and I really enjoyed it so I looked on Amazon to buy a copy on DVD I think that some of the previous reviews are harsh and unfair remember this is a very low budget movie but it's worth the money if only to see Erica Durance and Katherine Isabelle trying to do an English accent
on 13 December 2010
First of all, bare in mind this was made for showing over the internet on the small pc screen. It's not a big Hollywood production, not even a low budget film company. So of course we are in the realms of special effects. Secondly, with that particular internet audience in mind, it was bound to incorporate certain teen friendly post-Xena traits.

That said, as a hard core Robin Hood fan, I still really enjoyed this movie for what it is. Do I want to see a dragon in a Robin Hood movie? Well, if it involves seeing Katharine "Ginger Snaps" Isabelle in the transformation scenes, Yes I Do!

Will Scarlet, Little john, Tuck, Gisborne and Marian are all present. But don't expect characters to adhere to traditional perceptions. If one looks closely at the plot line it resembles a pc game in which the hero (Robin) has to complete certain tasks (levels) in order to obtain a certain prize which will cure the Dragon of its curse. So maybe a possible computer game spin-off was considered if the movie was a big success?

Chill out. Relax. It's fun.
on 28 July 2015
I confess, I took a chance with this, and having read other reviews, I didn't expect to like it. However, as it was so cheap and I'd seen all the other Robin Hood films, I gave it a go. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think the fantasy element would work alongside the Robin Hood story but it did. The acting was surprisingly good, and all in all, I thought it was good family entertainment.
on 27 July 2014
Not a great movie by any means but it was still pretty amusing. Don't expect great acting or effects going in and you'll be fine.
on 9 January 2015
I love Robin Hood, but the only thing in this movie connected to Robin Hood is the use of the name.
on 25 October 2016
quite an interesting film. saw it first on si fi. not dissapionted
on 19 February 2017
ok not good or great just ok