on 28 January 2011
George Carlin was undoubtedly a comedy genius, and I say that not in a "they're now dead, thus they're a genius", but in a genuine way.

This is a brilliant collection of some of his best shows, I've bought all three collections currently available and I can honestly say they are the jewel in my dvd collection.

His observations were always spot-on, and often thought-provoking, he mentioned things that no-one else had ever mentioned before, he questioned life in a way that made you start questioning it, but above all else, he was so, so, so, so funny!

Over here in the UK, I always felt George Carlin never really got the credit he so richly deserved, definitely one of the best ever stand-up comedians.

If you don't believe me, buy the three box-sets on here, they are truly worth whatever you pay for them, trust me!
on 8 June 2016
I really like George Carlin's comedy, but I find it patchy.

There are moments and brilliant sequences of political and social insight that eclipsed his contemporaries, but could suddenly lapse into the disappointingly puerile, even in his advancing years. I have all three of these boxed HBO Specials spanning 1977-2001 and concur with other reviewers that as a comedian he improved with age.

He was clearly ground breaking in his day, and a big influence on my favourite comedian Bill Hicks (and possibly vice-versa??). Ironically he outlasted Bill who died of pancreatic cancer far too early.

Recommended to anyone who likes Hicks or Lenny Bruce,
on 17 January 2016
This was bought as a present for someone else and the report back is - " Jeeze this is so funny" (I'm glad but I haven't watched it )
on 30 August 2013
George carlin was a genius....he saw the world for what it really is and wasn't afraid to pick holes in it. An outrageously funny grumpy old man...even when he was young!
on 4 April 2013
Bought this as a present for my boyfriend who really appreciates the humour of George Carlin. Great DVD to own!
on 23 June 2011
It is just amazing to see him evolve to that bitter man i love :p Just orderd vol2 and 3
Vol. 1 is more of the funny and silly GC.
on 15 February 2014
Lacks the acerbic political commentary I hope to find in his later dvd's.
Buy only if you want the full set.
on 28 May 2013
Delivery was fine, no problems or isses. Plenty of footage and hours of fun, just make sure you like George Carlin before you buy of course!
on 18 January 2011
First of all Carlin is so funny.
But you probably already knew that or you wouldn't be considering buying this item. It's part of a collection with three boxes (Vol.1-3).
I received them all I good condition and within the estimated time.

No complaints will keep shopping here.
on 4 June 2013
This is such a good price. I payed a lot more but it was worth every last penny. George is simply one of the greatest and smartest stand ups ever. I strongly recommend you get all of his HBO specials and check out his audio books.