Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£17.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 August 2010
I loved the series! I was pleasantly surprised how well Aidan fit into this role. I generally like most of his work anyway. He's believable in pretty much everything he does as he commits himself 100% to his character. If you don't believe me, watch him in Queer As Folk. He was brilliant.

I can't say enough good things about the rest of the actors in this, especially Keeley. I felt she and Aidan played their undeniable chemistry perfectly with expression rather than words. Any actor can deliver a line, but to be able to read longing, pain, love, disdain etc. in their face while exchanging a glance is what sets the good ones apart from the rest.

I've been watching Keeley's other stuff as a result of this series and am impressed by her diversity. It is because of Identity that I noticed her. I live in Canada and don't get to see much UK drama unfortunately. I never feel it's a bad thing when a role turns someone into a new fan. I'm now a devoted Keeley fan, lol.

I'd encourage anyone to give this series a look. It's clever with some decent action and has you caring about the characters and their interactions more than you might think...the focus is on Aidan and Keeley's characters, but I found the others interesting too...had the series gone on, it would have been nice to see them develop. Six episodes doesn't leave a lot of time for numerous focuses and I think the writer was smart to keep the storyline more about John and Martha with them playing off the others on occasion.

While I can understand some may not like this series, that's fine. Why watch it? I see one guy who left a rather poisonous review here watched the whole series. I have to wonder why if he didn't like it from the get go. I didn't care for "Grey's Anatomy" after a couple episodes, therefore, I don't watch it. However, I realize it's bloody brilliant and those who are fans of it will defend it to the ground. I don't understand why someone would want to trash a program they don't like...in the hopes that others will switch it off and perhaps cheat themselves out of something they might have liked? Seems silly to me. Lucky for me, I take bad reviews with a grain of salt and tend to go straight to the target to check it out for myself, lol.

In any case, I'd love to see a second installment of this great mini-series, but I won't hold my breath as it's pretty rare for Aidan to return to a role.

Cheers all!
on 5 February 2013
Sadly, this TV series is a little average, certainly limp compared to most US series. Writing is weak, full of cliches. Direction weak too.
Cast is a too PC and not a great cast. I think Keeley Hawes was great in Touching Velvet and Ashes to Ashes, but her performance here is not great, and despite looking great in Boot's ad, here she certainly doesn't look her best. Someone should shoot her costume designer/costumer.
on 7 February 2011
Somehow I missed this series when it was shown on TV, but it is really excellent and you get hooked immediately..I had to watch all the episodes one after another! If you like suspense, you will like this..each episode stands alone, but there is a storyline running through the series..
on 4 August 2010
So the missus and i have watched every episode so far - hoping it'll get better, but it's not. The dialog is cliched, Keeley plays a character who has set up the identity-theft department but i think she's a bit young and not strict/hard enough with the team to have made her way so high in the force (compared to other department chiefs that are on TV). There's some sexual tension between her and Aiden's character that doesn't quite click and looks like keeley's character is just chasing Aiden and forgives him anything/everything he does.
A small part for shaun parkes (Koop from human traffic) as the suspicious member of the team who thinks Aiden's character is a waste of time (an opinion i share, tbh) but the team may as well not be there. Aiden solves all the crimes by himself in a maverick style that clearly needs no assistance from the rest of the cast. This would work better as a lone lead character IMO (a-la cracker), but definitly needs much stronger characters in the 2 lead roles (see previous comment about ignoring the other 5 members of the team).
on 4 December 2015
This could of been a lot better, Gillen is as always top dog in his acting but the show itself got a bit over-elaborate and boring.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 September 2012
This drama which was screeened weekly by ITV was thankfully not commissioned for a second series. That's good as none of the cast seem to gel in this series, many of the scenarios in the series seem quite unlikely and the major plot running throughout the series is quite ludicrous.
There's far better out there than this.
Don't waste your time!
on 30 October 2013
Each episode engaging. Liked the tension between the characters. Shame there was not more of this. No significant DVD extras to my mind.
on 27 May 2016
This must be early in her career, the actors are a bit wooden. Each episode is very similar.
on 29 March 2013
bought this to take on holiday and wasn't over keen. the characters didn't gel, and i found it a bit wooden and dull.
on 10 August 2010
I totally disagree with the previous reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Aidan Gillen's (John Bloom/Brendan Shea) performance was excellent! I hope they make another series