on 10 December 2016
Murder is mixed with with radio active materials in this thriller. Though the story starts with a murder for the purpose of obtaining cesium presumed for terrorism it degenerates into an implausible killing for love.
I recommend not buying this book which as the French say is "Cousu de fil blanc"and hardly worth reading except for completing the series.
on 14 February 2013
I can't quite put my finger on why this was a slight disappointment for me, I usually enjoy Harry Bosch investigations. When the book arrived I realised it would not take long to read, there are just under 300 pages and I think if this was intended to be a "shorter" story then, in my mind, Michael Connelly made a mistake. Perhaps he had begun churning out the stories instead of developing them properly when he wrote this.
A man is murdered, dangerous materials stolen, wife threatened. Who did it. I'll leave it to you to find out and it won't take too long.
That could be the root of the problem here, everything got solved so easily and all of a sudden, wham, it was finished.
Of course I didn't realise the story was over because several pages remained and it seemed as if there was some way to go. As I turned over from what was the last page I found Michael Connelly had "intervewed" Harry Bosch and it was printed on the next few pages. This was a novel idea and it was good to see that Bosch was just as single minded out of script as he is on it...!
on 20 April 2014
I thought I had read the full series but..............so it was a welcome read after several months of Harry Bosch withdrawal symptoms; I have read a few other crime novels in the interim but Michael Connelly is really a cut above. Harry was perhaps a little tiresome here in winding everyone up & being the only one to see a different pattern in the crime but I am still eager for more.
If you haven't read any of this series go to [...].uk to see the Harry Bosch novels in sequence [over 20] & start at the beginning & work your way through............ but it's a bit like watching "The Killing" it's awful when you get to the end & you're not quite sure what to do with yourself,but hey?!!
on 28 July 2017
Whenever I hit a dry reading patch, I turn back to a Michael Donnelly book. All the details are right there to draw you in to the scene and bring each Connelly story to life. A first rate story teller with a first rate character in Bosch.
on 24 September 2016
I'm always amazed that Michael Connelly makes the plots and storylines so original. I am reading the Bosch books in chronological order and I am totally hooked. I love the Harry Bosch character, he is a man driven - driven to see justice done.
on 3 February 2017
Reading this one in the series, it felt like it was a rushed book to make money. Maybe that's unkind, but it didn't have the depth of plot and detail that the previous book had. Very disappointing.
on 30 September 2014
I read this in two days. I couldn't put it down. Harry Bosch is the man you know you can rely on, get to the truth and win the day. But how he gets there is another matter entirely. Michael Connelly has created a real character in Harry, a human being with many flaws but amazing abilities too. These books just keep getting better and better.
on 28 August 2014
The first problem is that it's too short for a novel so it's really an overblown short story. The second is that it's the stupidest murder plot in history. If you wanted to guarantee maximum attention to your crime and minimum chance of getting away with it, this is the way to do it. Connelly has struggled in the past with truly silly plots and this is one of the worst. Not recommended.
on 29 March 2017
Arrived quickly and in good condition- great book series for any detective/crime fan. Bosch (series on Amazon based on these books) is also great and worth a watch too!
on 11 May 2015
Read this title a long time back, and was probably reading the series out of order.
Was nice to read again and get to know Bosch again and would recommend everyone who liked the TV show to do the same thing as the show was a muddle of different books disjointed together.
Just wished Michael Connelly had more control and made them do the show book by book.