on 11 August 2017
I vaguely remember watching the film of this book a long time ago and a friend of mine told me that the book was better, so although I usually don’t bother with the book after I have watched the TV/film, I thought I’d give it a try.

I think most people know the story but we follow Jason Bourne - a man whose wounded body is discovered by fishermen who give him to a doctor, where he is nursed him back to health. We quickly learn that Bourne is a man with remarkable survival abilities who suffers from amnesia and must seek to discover his true identity. He can remember nothing and begins to try to rebuild his memory based on clues such as a Swiss bank account, the number of which is implanted in his body.

We are then taken on an action-packed journey into a world of deceptions and conspiracies, learning more about the psychological portrait of Bourne and we experience everything as he does and from from his point of view.

I found the writing clear to follow and thought that the story flowed well. I got a bit confused with some of the characters (there are a lot of characters!) and found myself not fully appreciating who they were or what side they were on. There are a lot of words and phrases that are repeated throughout the book, a bit too often for my liking. I also had a bit of an issue with the timespan - Bourne and his brand new lover seem to fall in love immediately and would be willing to die for each other but (I think) they only met, literally, the day before they confessed their love for each other.

I did get annoyed with some of the characters, I didn’t really find myself bonded to any one, so this detracted from the story for me but I really liked the storyline - I thought it was clever, suspenseful and dramatic - hence why it made a good film.

I’m glad I read the book but I won’t bother with the others in the series, although I do want to go back and watch all the films again.
on 2 July 2017
Having read this in paperback many years ago, I 'upgraded' to the Kindle edition.
The first of the original trilogy, and this is a fantastic book. Rereading it after quite a gap, and with memories of the film more recent, I realise again what great depth Ludlum infused into the plot. A top read, and I'll be looking for the rest of the set.
on 27 April 2017
Very enjoyable you need all of them to understand his life style
on 18 July 2017
Great recommend we!l worth it
on 28 July 2017
very good movie
on 16 August 2017
Great
on 6 June 2017
Perfect
on 21 January 2014
This film was probably one of my favorite watches along with the Bourne Ultimatum and the Bourne Supremacy. it is full of action, suspense and excitement. I have watched it multiple times and will definitely do so again.
on 28 February 2017