VINE VOICEon 29 April 2013
Alright, I'm a sucker for female singer/songwriters, I admit it. Occasionally one comes along I really take a liking to, and Laura Marling falls within this category. Her voice is rich and melodious with just the right amount of character without becoming too stylized. The guitar is a sweet instrument in her hands. I play a bit of guitar myself and she really is quite good. Some of the tracks are beefed up by the backing of Mumford and Sons, so it is not all stripped down acoustic. Even the 3/4 time songs are well handled. Currently this is the CD in my car and I am not tired of it yet. All in all a very impressive debut. I will look out for her other work.
on 25 March 2015
This review is written long after having bought all of Laura Marling's albums, so a lot of what I hear is in hindhear, so to speak/write. Even though Laura plays with then much bigger names - The Mumfords! - she is fully in control when delivering her songs on heart break. You can recognize many folk/folk rock references here, even the Zep's third installment, and that's a rather flattering comparison, is it not?
on 1 September 2013
I love this album ,it has a much fuller sound then I expected with more instrumentation the I thought having seen her on tv with just herself and guitar ,but it does not detract from the power and sensitivity of her songwriting in my opinion .She is a real talent and has amazing sensitivity for one so young ;amazing.
on 27 June 2015
Some good tracks and some not so good. Got this and another of her albums to see what the music was like. Don't be put off though, some good music on album. Needs listening to a few times.
on 13 January 2017
Excellent service. CD in perfect condition. Well packaged. Recommended. Very happy. Thank you.
on 21 December 2017
A random find from watching peaky blinders Laura’s song was played. If you like Katie Melula etc this is a good buy
on 12 October 2017
The best Laura Marling cd. I play it endlessly. Arrived quickly.
on 27 January 2013
This is my favorite of Laura Marling's albums. There's not a bad song on the whole CD and for such a young artist she displays and incredible maturity and talent that a lot of musicians only reach through experience later in life. An absolute joy.
One person found this helpful
on 4 June 2010
Laura Marling has a fresh approach to Folk Music, she is young, raw, emotional and incredibly talented, her voical range has great breadth for such a young singer.

I've been listening to this CD for a while now and I'm still finding new things to enjoy, each track better than the last even after 50 plays!
on 25 February 2016
Lovely songs and sound, is it folk or just quality singing stories!