Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Gift of Fear
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.78

on 31 January 2002
Not only is each page of this book packed with useful information; that information is packaged in such a way as to make it memorable and practical for every-day use. So many things in this book ring true for every-day life situations that they're impossible *not* to remember.
This book will help me with running my business, advancing in my Karate, raising my childen (when I have children!) and going down the pub! I have already recommended it to 4 people, and not simply because it's an excellent read, but because I see certain situations in their lives that can be helped or resolved as a direct result of reading this book.
on 7 March 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is something I have dipped in and out of over the years. I have bought it and given it as presents to quite a few of my friends who have all loved it.
on 10 August 2009
A fantastic book. I wanted to know about domestic violence, spousal killings and the potential for hard to be done to myself. This book answered all the questions that I had in my head and put me straight about the probability of harm. Understanding that violence was not really random was a new concept for me and having it explained in the way that Debecker sets it out was easy and understandable. I can highly recommend this book.
on 4 September 2001
Never before has a book had such a profound effect on me. The sub-title is slightly mis-leading as the strategies can be used in all aspects of every day life. It teaches you to become more aware of yourself, others and your surroundings. I bought 5 copies for my friends and they all raved about it. One friend passed it onto her brother who'd come out of a car accident with severe disabilities. It gave him the courage to take charge of his life again. Read this book.
on 11 July 2014
Enjoyed this book. We've all had that feeling when meeting somebody that there was something a bit "off", but we are taught as adults not to be rude and judgemental. The examples of real life events in here are pretty good, where people should've gone with their gut, but didn't, with some quite horrific consequences. Does go on a bit in places, but overall very good. Have recommended it to others.
on 11 December 2013
I would strongly recommend this book to anyone. Coming from a self defence background this is also valuable reading to any practitioner.
GDB is a master of his craft and clearly lays down the pointers anyone needs to avoid acts of violence in their life. its not rocket science its what we all know and recognise, however we fail to respond to. Fear is indeed the greatest gift.
on 15 October 2015
One of the most worthwhile books you could ever read. The information contained within should be taught in every senior school and college, in particular the chapters on stalking and domestic violence. De Becker knows his stuff and writes with compassion and common sense. Do not hesitate to buy this book.
on 21 February 2012
Using this book to support a detailed document I am currently writing for the judicial services. Although its an American publication and needs some de- ciphering the content is well balanced and clearly presented. However you need to choose if its for reference or to be read from cover to cover.
on 3 June 2016
What a cracking book. This would empower anybody, and gives good insight into the criminal mind and people as a whole. A good read, sort of un-put-downable, lots of knowledge to soak up and an upbeat and informative style. Could be triggering, yet does seek to empower rather than shock or dismay.
on 31 March 2016
This is a fascinating book: giving an insight into why we have instincts, how to listen to those instincts without being scared all of the time and the psycology of people in general and criminals in particular. A great read: I am lending it to two friends now who are interested!