1,696
Price:£54.95+ £9.95 shipping

on 8 November 2011
Like you I read the reviews some saying poor but the majority lauding the mattress.So what should you do ? Just what are you getting ?

Having bought a kingsize silentnight pocketsprung for £300 and thoroughly disappointed with its quality....I didn't think this mattress would be anything other than a cheapo.

My advice BUY IT ! at around £50 delivered.

The mattress arrives and unlike the photo(which is a Bedmaster Star rrp £130 you'll notice it is unbranded.With the mattress side-on in the sunlight of your frontdoor you can see straight through it...gulp oh no.

That's the bad over with.

You'll quickly forgive the makers for using a thin transparent side material when you use it...and for thinking it's cheap and nasty.

The mattress has a thick layer of padding on both sides.The stitching is strong and you can see the makers have pride in their work.Although it is a soft mattress it is very comfortable and despite being on the wrong side of 15 stone....it doesn't squash flat like other buyers have stated.

It is built to last and having bought it for my children ! was so impressed with it....I bought two !

Lastly...you will not be able to buy a better budget mattress under £50, trust me I've looked and tried many.So you can buy with great confidence.
0Comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2014
It is not an expensive mattress so I wasn't expecting amazing quality, but anyway seems too soft. When you sit on the borders you will descend right to the bed frame.
on 14 November 2015
Not impressed I put the mattress on the bed and it ripped can also feel the springs really badly on that corner
review image
on 18 June 2012
I'm a 12stone 10, 33year old male and this mattress works fine. I was slightly worried before buying this after reading some reviews suggesting it only works for a 3year old. It does the job fine for me as well. Thanks.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2011
i would not recomend this mattress thought all sounded good luxuary and some good things said have put extra padding on mattress and can still feel springs should off known better its hard when you buy something like this on line to send back delivery was quick but nothing worse than laying on springs
on 28 July 2010
I just bought 2 of these for my kids beds, the delivery service was prompt we also recieved a call to say when the delivery would take place. the mattresses arrived well packaged and in good condition and although it is still early days I have to say I defy any one to get a better new mattress for a cheaper price. I had never even considered buying this type of product on line before but no i am glad I took the leap 5 Stars all the way in my opinion.
22 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2011
Very pleasant experience from start to finish, quality mattress for a very reasonable price, fast and efficient delivery service, came double wrapped in cellophane, teenage son confirms that it is very comfortable. Much better quality than mattress previously purchased from local shop for twice the price. Definitely recommend!
on 8 July 2010
i needed two mattresses for my girls single beds and was amazed at the price of these as they were cheeper than budget mattresses in argos.as they were so cheep i decided to give it a go and placed and order on the sat afternoon hoping we might have them by the end of the following week. monday morning we got a call could they be delivered on tuesday at 10 unfortunatly my dad who was taking delivery of them had a doctors appointment and said he would be out from 930am. they said no problem will try to deliver before else will come back later by 8am they had been delivered service is amazing thank you. upon unwrapping i was nervous they might not be as good as they look in picture but they are wonderful are so very comfy my girls say they are a dream they are very deep and extreamly comfortable i am a big lady and i enjoyed a very comfortable nap with my youngest who had had a nightmare will definatly buy more. need one for my eldest son and for me and husband as and when we have the money. i would recomend these matresses to anyone looking to buy
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2013
when this mattress was delivered, I loved it because it looked beautiful and it felt like a water bed when you lie on it. Although I bought it for my toddler son, few months after, it feel very uncomfortable, you could actually feel the springs. thinking of disposing it and buying another one.
on 17 March 2013
Was seduced by the low price and the "luxury" label. Also as the mattress was supposedly reduced by more than half price. At first glance if seemed a very nice mattress. The name of the seller was on the label on the mattress - Happy Beds (budget). I didn't notice anything on Amazon about the company selling budget items I just thought I was getting a bargain. On closer inspection the material at the side of the mattress was very thin and you could feel the springs. When I lay down on the mattress it sunk right down so am guessing it is not a medium firm mattress but soft. I was very concerned that the springs would pop out of the sides due to the thin material as I had purchased this mattress for my 4 year old son and was guessing he would probably jump up and down on his bed (as kids do!!). When I called to ask if I could return the mattress I was going to be charged £25 as I lived in Aberdeen (this was after he said I would have to arrange someone to pick it up myself). I complained to Amazon and finally after lots and lots of hassle the mattress was finally picked up for free. My advice would be not to buy this mattress unless it's a budget mattress you are looking for. The old saying is right - you get what you pay for!