VINE VOICEon 2 June 2010
Anyone who has or had come into contact with Andrew WK's two albums, I Like to Party and The Wolf will kind of know his formula: Great pop songs dressed up in a rock outfit.

He pummels out song after song that Fall Out Boy for example can only dream of.

I have owned Close Calls since it came out (bought as a Korean import) and have worked my way through its myriad of tracks. It has an edge on the first two albums in terms of its variety and make up, but because it's longer doesn't quite maintain the 5 out of 5 form of the other records.

If you're reading this then you may well already know a bit about the man, if not then go back to the first two albums, buy them, play them until they break, then dig this one out. It will reward you with its riches.

This guy so deserves to do well, one can only hope in time that his ship will come in.
on 29 March 2015
Massive selection of tracks, really interesting. Andrew W.K. makes music that makes you feel good. Or me anyway. I dunno. Buy it if you want, I'm not your Dad. Great if you're having a rubbish day.
on 4 September 2016
Great album...
on 24 September 2013
I'd be embarrassed by this effort of a record as well AWK, so I understand now why your identity is masked on the cover. Honestly, this is a pile of nappy rot. I am a big fan of I Get Wet, and thought I would look up some more of AWK's work. What a waste of time - honestly, I try to look for some merit in any album, but this is possibly the worst record I have ever heard. I cannot bear to give this a second listen, there is no musicality, no interest in the lyrics, and surely the man and his band must just be taking the pee? The only saving grace is the brevity of most of the tracks. Approach with extreme caution. One star for persuading someone to release this drivel.