Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 3 August 2010
This is an excellent camera for point and shoot photography. The large screen, 12 mp resolution, 15x optical zoom and the HD movie function are terrific. The only negative issue is that the selection buttons are very close to the thumb rest and can be operated unintentionally. A minor issue which does not detract from the generally excellent layout of the controls. A brilliant little camera for the non technical photographer. Well worth the expenditure.
on 17 February 2011
Only complaint I have about this camera is the zoom lens. It's simply too fast and too good.
I am getting on a bit so perhaps it's me. Apart from that this is a camera and a half.
For many years I have been a fan of Fuji cameras. They are very good and I would not say anything against them.
Their lens are superb and I've never had a spot of bother with the ones I have owned,
But there is something about a Nikon that sets it apart. I'm not certain, really, if Nikon
really is better or if it has that strange star quality that some things/people/places have.
Can't really put my finger on but Nikon has got it in spades. I bought this camera as my
glorified Kodak Brownie. (Ask your Grandparents). My big camera ia the D5000. For the price
asked for the L110 the quality of the lens, the body, controls is quite remarkable.
Apart, as I've said, the zoom being soooo fast!!!! I would recommend this to anyone, beginner
or professional. It's quite simply the best point and shoot camera I have ever encountered.
on 21 May 2010
I consider its a best product available in this affordable price and giving the SLR look. Photographs from this a excellent one. Most of the important next day delivery by Amazon is really surprising and amazing for me.
on 19 June 2011
I've had this camera for just over a year now.

I absolutely love it! The 15x zoom is excellent. I've never once used a tripod and my pictures have came out perfectly still - hold down the shutter half way until the camera is focused, and then the other half to take a picture. *look in pictures to see my handheld picture of the moon - fully zoomed* - Stephy Wiggins.

This camera was my first digital camera. It has opened up so many doors for me - i have featured in the local paper for my pictures, and have people asking me to take pictures at events such as birthday parties etc. I have established a name for myself and have found a new love for photography. One that i had never even considered or thought about before i got this camera.

I cannot fault it. I have it in red and it's lovely!!

Check out my pictures - Stephy Wiggins.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 June 2010
I brought this camera to use when i dont want to lug my SLR around. I shopped around and found a lot of camearas with simialr specs,which only highlighted the fact that for this price you wont find much better value for money. I go to a lot of music concerts so wanted a great zoom to get good pics no matter where my seat is. Went to a gigi last night and took some excellent images. The video quality is excellent as well. From what i looked at you need to spend at least another £70-£100 to get a better camera and most of them are only an 18x Zoom.
I thoroughly recommend this camera!!!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 August 2010
As the subject states, I am by no means a pro but this camera makes me feel like one. I love the look and feel, it's quick to start up and switches between shooting modes very quickly. I took it to the Golf british open at St Andrews and got some fantastic shots with it, even with appauling conditions. Love it.
on 8 May 2010
I am absolutely satisfied with this item. All descriptions were appropriate and this camera was for a very decent price. I am very happy that I chose this one. Thank you very much!
on 23 September 2010
I have recently purchased a Nikon L110 and if you are an amateur like me,then this camera is brilliant !. I have it set on auto most of the time and it takes really good photo's. You can immediately see the difference the optical zoom makes when compared to an ordinary digital zoom. Close up photo's of a butterfly for example are clear and crisp and even if you take a picture from some distance away you can zoom in easily and there is no distortion with the end result. The camera is easy to grip and being red is that little bit different to the norm .The only thing that I would criticise is that the on/off button is easy to catch,but that is very minor compared to the overall performance. When purchasing this camera though I would buy the bag which is offered as you will need one ???
on 13 April 2011
Buyer beware, a great camera but take a battery out when travelling with the lens cap on. I had it in a camera bag within my bag, and the camera must have been trying to repeatedly turn itself on bashing the lens into the lens cap. Probably a tiny piece of debris got in the way and has promptly taken a chip out of the lens. Why dont a reputable company like Nikon warn you about these things, or sort out design faults like these out so it doesnt happen i.e. if the lens cap is on the camera wont operate. Very unhappy now with my lovely new camera, I had only had it a week. So now at least if you buy this camera you will be aware of this problem, and dont end up with a damaged camera like mine.
on 22 May 2010
After a good deal of research I finally went for the Nikon L110 mainly, if I'm honest, because of the brand. I have now taken 300 or so shots and I'm very impressed with the results. Only reasons it's not 5 star are lack of a printed instruction book (minor irritation) and jerky zoom which I find difficult to set exactly where I want it. Also be warned that the camera is smaller than I expected so does get a bit lost in my fairly large hands, the upside however is that it is just about possible to put it in the pocket of my outdoor rain jacket.