on 1 February 2012
This Item was a spotter to start with, a prize in the making and on arrival did not dissapoint, Packaging great, Tidy and easy to unwrap and connect, easy to read instructions, The picture plates to fix a photo or write a large letter (or any other choice you might have, especially if you have a sence of humor) Mum i Law is half deaf, slowing and scared. So this has done the trick, called in on 2 falls already and being used with shakey confidence. No knocked off recievers, I reversed the hand set clip as if it was on the wall so we have belt and braces when the hand set is returned with a firm click in place.

No pictures possible as sight is on the wend, but a big M, F and T indicates all the initials of family as well as a (i^i house) for home numbers with mobiles as a default.

The hand free is easy and for shakey hands a prize of and option. Volume adjustments as well as bass and trebel adjustments leave this phone with an easy and vast range of management choices for the loved one with a variety of challenges.

Incoming and Outgoing management as seperate choices in my opinion leaves no stone unturned.

So good we were dissapointed when there was no socket upstairs in place of the now defuncked usefulness of the wireless walkabout, small, often toppled phone. We even considered calling in the engineer to install the second socket required, so much did we like the phone.

No more calls from the floor or pocket. Regrettable not to have two in the house, one up by the bed and one where in now proudly sits by the Mil's Throne. The ringer is programmed to beat the telly for volume and the lights on the console are an extra that makes this an alround gem. Best buy for us for "MUM" in managing her increasing needs.

Very reccommended.
Great price.
Easy to fit.
Good easy set up instructions.
Fun to personalise.
Snazzy looking.
WINNER !

Mum Likes it too From ;( to :) in one easy Phone.
on 14 June 2011
Terrific phone, straight forward to set up. Various levels of amplification-doesn't need batteries. Good idea being able to insert photos or symbols in the memory buttons for those whose eyesight is impaired.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 February 2014
I bought this for my elderly mum, who lives 450 miles away in a nursing home. The telephone is absolutely vital for us to keep in regular contact. About 4 years ago she became a bit deaf in one ear, and suffers from severe arthritis so cannot hold a receiver either. In that time, she's had a BT Big Button phone (which died after about 2.5 years), a Binatone Speaker Phone (which was in theory a great idea, but had very poor quality on the speakerphone), and for the past 4 months has had this one.

This phone has a much louder and clearer speakerphone than the aforementioned ones, is easy to program (even for an non-techy like me!), and the layout is very good. Mum is losing her memory now, gets muddled very easily, and has always been afraid of technology....but she loves this phone! I have a Panasonic phone Panasonic KX-TG6461ET DECT Corded and Cordless Phone Set With Answer Machine - Black and I often use the speakerphone on that too. They work very well together.

There are two disadvantages....
One is that the speakerphone only has a volume up/down. The tonal alterations that you can do on this phone for people with hearing difficulties only applies to the handset, and mum can't hold the handset.

The other disadvantage is that mum now has the speakerphone up so loud that everyone in the nursing home can hear all my news!!!!! Lol They have to shut her bedroom door so as to not disturb other residents!
on 13 December 2013
When the item arrived I thought it was just what I needed as it seemed to tick all the boxes. I purchased this for my Mum who has Alzheimers and is finding it difficult to do manual tasks. When it arrived I thought it was great and input the numbers and big RED labels so she could call family members easily. There is only one critism of this phone and it is that the handset only rests at the top in a recess which isn't very deep and it sits loose at the other end. Unfortunately my Mum just couldn't put the phone down in the recess and eventually I had to take her old phone back in. It is also very easy to knock the phone off the hook. It is disappointing that hanging this phone up is not as easy as it should be when it is supposedly designed for people with disabilities!
on 1 November 2011
I am pleased with my clear sound photophone 100 photo id telephone. The handsfree is much better than the BT big button handsfree which i would not buy again or recommend, but I would recommend this phone.
on 3 February 2013
Photo buttons don't work if the telephone socked has something else plugged in such as a 'safety alert alarm call device'. My demented mother is having hours of fun not getting through to people!
on 17 July 2011
After much research, and 2 other phones which my Mum couldn't master, this one hit the spot. It has big buttons, a light handset, and the direct dial buttons have given her the confidence to call her friends without fear of dialling the wrong number. She does struggle to replace the handset, which could locate more securely, but overall she is pleased with it.
on 19 May 2012
I can't recommend the phone highly enough. My mother is partially deaf and has arthritis in her hands which meant that she couldn't handle the small buttons or the keypad to access the phone book on her current phone. Because of this she was losing touch with her friends and family.

I found this phone on the web and it hs been a godsend. Easy to use, big buttons and enough memory locations to save her friends and family. She is now happily phoning and is In contact with people again
on 30 July 2015
I bought this phone for my father who has Alzhiemers and is quite deaf. Its really good as the buttons are big and you can put photos in of the people who's number you programme in. It was really easy to program the numbers in. The volume can be turned up on the earpiece, which is great as my father can actually hear it well, but the hands free/loud speaker is really good too. Before we had a BT phone which was terrible in comparison, the earpiece couldn't be turned up and the hands free kept cutting out, we had one exchanged because of it but the replacement was just as bad. For the price I think this phone is a bargain.
on 26 July 2016
Apart from a being a damn good phone (pity there is no answer machine on it) an added benefit is that it is a very good RFID microchip detector as well. I found this out by mistake when I put it on speakerphone. I went to pick up the handset and heard a high pitched whistle sound. On investigation by slowly moving it around my body. I found a total of 15 microchips that had been covertly inserted by NHS staff during medical procedures. The B's had put three RFID devices behind each of my ears alone. Then more in my heart (stents) and in my arms knees, stomach, back and even my damn bum. I suspect most of them were injected into me when I had the winter flue vaccination. SO, if you want a really good phone and at the same time a RFID chip detector, I recommend that you buy this product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse