Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 26 October 2015
Returning to sewing after failing my sewing classes in school hundreds of years ago, I picked this machine after much research because it seemed to present value for money for the features. Some reviews suggest it is hard to keep at a slow speed, but I have had no such problems, and it will go as slow or fast as I want it. I started by doing some repairs like sewing up pockets and seams that had come apart, and have moved on to making PJs, dog jackets, dog duvets and a door curtain. Not only is it easy to use, but it is deeply satisfying to create something that is pretty and useful. To make the dog duvet, I sewed across an 8 tog single duvet before cutting it in half. The machine struggled a bit with the thickness (though to be fair it did double itself up in a couple of places so it was a bit of an ask). But I am extremely pleased that I bought this machine.
on 30 October 2015
A fantastic machine for all general sewing. I've had mine a while now and it's been completely reliable, easy to use, straightforward and has a useful and clear instruction book. It's a good weight and has so far tacked all machine jobs with gusto. I would strongly recommend it to those like me, that perhaps only get it out once an moth or so, as it's fairly lightweight (but very very sturdy) and is a fantastic workhorse. Perhaps not designed for heavy duty work, but absolutely perfect for home dressmaking and crafts.
Can't fault it and I bought it in the back of reading previous reviews which were all helpful and true.
Great value for such a good machine.
on 28 April 2017
This is a great machine... not too heavy but absolutely sturdy with oodles of options for stitch choices. It is not heavy to lift, isn't noisy and has a hard cover to protect it when stowed away. Very impressed with it and this from a woman who has used a treadle most of her life...I love it.
on 14 May 2017
My last sewing machine finally gave up the ghost... she was rickety, fifty years old, and not up to the job anymore. So now I have a new kid on the block, and having used her for the first time today, I am looking forward to making many garments together! Smooth, sleek, quiet and sews like a dream. Buy one! Delivery was real quick too!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2016
I researched sewing machines quite extensively before buying this one for my wife as she was starting sewing lessons,
She is very happy with this. Does all the basics and then some. Apparently much easier than the ones she uses at class.
Janome is recommended by her teacher and as it hasn't so much as hiccuped in the year+ she been using it. Recommended.
on 30 June 2017
I'm really happy with this machine. I've just started up sewing after a very long gap, not having owned my own machine before. This is doing an excellent job of getting me back into sewing again.
on 1 January 2014
I bought this machine for my wife at Christmas, she has never used one before and was very nervous about it but after reading and following the simple instructions, within half an hour she was making simple little cushions and within an hour was taking up hems. First class machine, I don't know how it stacks up against the more expensive models but certainly appears to be a machine which is easy to use and will cover all your regular sewing requirements and more.

Would definitely recommend it.
on 26 June 2017
Thank you kindly for delivering my daughter's birthday gift early. She hasn't opened it yet but I know she will love it. I've had my Janome sewing machine for 30 years, still using it, it's an amazing product. Thank you from Canada
on 1 May 2017
Disappointed, lack of power, returned to mechanical Singer.
on 21 March 2017
Excellent general sewing machine. Clear markings on the machine, and, straight stitching quality very good. A quiet and efficient machine.