on 10 February 2016
Easy to use, does a great job of illuminating my (rather outdated!) Kindle with no fuss or fiddling around required.

Came with its own little carrying pouch, 2 spare batteries and even a teeny screwdriver to open the battery compartment when they need changing.

Product arrived on time, well packaged, no fuss.

Would definitely recommend.
review image
on 9 July 2013
I have had a Kindle for a very long time and I love it. I had one of the clip on lights that you could position but never really got to grips with it at all. I was considering buying a Kindle Paperwhite but couldn't really justify it as my ordinary Kindle is still in fantastic condition so I thought going for a better "night light" would be a good compromise. I was incredibly pleased when I got this light, it is absolutely brilliant. Clips onto the Kindle (and we have tried it on a Kobo too) very easily, leaving no marks or scratches (haven't tried it on a Kindle Fire, but did on my iPad just to see if it would leave a scratch and it didn't.). The light is really good, there are no dark spots and it makes reading when the lights are off a pleasure without me waking my husband up. Really is the best buy I have made for my Kindle as it fits on over the cover I have got for it too. More than happy to use this until the Kindle I have needs replacing (then I will get the back lit one!). The batteries are easily changed and I have some in the house ready for when they need changing. Superb packaging and swift delivery so really couldn't ask for more at all. All in all, very good value for money.
on 16 January 2016
Was toying with the idea of replacing my early-version Kindle because it has no light, but the Kandle obviated the need for that very cheaply. I don't understand complaints that it obscures the top of the reading area. My Kindle is in quite a thick cover (Eco-nique natural hemp cover with Tree of Life design, bought on Amazon) and the Kandle clips on quite easily without me having to remove the Kindle from the cover. It doesn't have to be pushed on fully as it will grip, right on the edge of the Kindle, quite securely. I have also used it for books, tablet, laptop.
on 16 January 2014
I was considering buying a Paperwhite but was reluctant to do so as my Kindle Keyboard is still going strong. A light was the obvious answer but all the ones I'd tried were unsatisfactory as the single light never shone on the whole page. I then discovered the Kandle by Ozeri and all my problems were solved.
Having two lights the spread is evenly distributed, although obviously it's not so bright at the bottom. It fits perfectly at the top and doesn't wobble about and if I angle my hand at the top of the page I can shield the light completely from my husband when reading in bed.
It's a very neat design with no parts sticking out to get broken and once it's angled you don't have to move it again. The little bag it comes with is handy for keeping it in when carrying it about in a pocket or bag. Some reviewers thought it over priced but I think the price is very fair for what you get, including two spare batteries.
If you need a light this is the one and I recommend it with no reservations.
Thank you Ozeri for saving me nearly £100!
on 10 August 2015
this little piece of kit really surprised me with its quality of build and ease of use as well as the functionality of the twin LED's. Comes in a sturdy box with 2 spare batteries and a small screwdriver to open the battery compartment door, (although I am surprised they didn't make things simpler for themselves by putting a small latch instead). The light is more than bright enough to read by and the angled head has 2 pivot points to allow fine tuning of angle onto the page. You also get a nice little velvety bag to keep it in. Worth every penny!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 April 2013
I have this kind of Kindle cover  but for the Touch and I find that the Kandle's clip does not open wide enough to go over the cover. What I have done though, is to cut the little strip that goes over the top of the Kindle and I can now clip the light onto the device itself. My Kindle is still secure in its cover but I would have rather avoided to do this. But, despite this little glitch, I have to say that this is the best light I have ever had. It is not too bright, not too dull but it lights all the parts of the screen.
I have no hesitation in recommending it. It looks sleek too and has a little pouch to put it in when not in use. I prefer to keep it clipped onto my Kindle though.
I got it really quick, with two spare batteries. What could I want more (ok, the bull clip a bit bulkier)...?

edited: The price shows £19.99 but at the time of buying and of the review, it was £9.99. I hope it will stay this price for future customers.
on 11 May 2014
I got this as a Birthday gift for my sister. She had a kindle for Xmas and her only bug about it was reading at night,

I spent ages on Amazon looking at all the different lights before deciding on this one.

The price was great, It came with spare batteries, and was so easy to use even my sister could do it (sorry sis)

The light is excellent and allows for reading in the darkest of rooms without too much light pollution for others. The light can be angled and moved to any position to suit the readers preferences. And the clip allows it to be used on any ebook/tablet/ or normal paper book you wish.

I am tempted to get myself one, and I don't really have need of one, but it was so good i feel like i should.
on 17 May 2012
I've bought many clip on reading light for normal books over the years (always searching for the perfect one!) but this is my first ebook light, and I must say I'm really impressed. The unit is

1. Compact in size
2. Smooth shape and good looking, functional design.
3. Simple, streamlined shape means there's no unnecessary bits sticking out that could break off !
4. The light illuminates the whole screen evenly, but without filling the whole room, so you can read next to someone on a bus or next to your partner in bed without disturbing them.
5. Batteries certainly last a long time- around 25 hours according to the box, which seems about right. They are standard Lithium batteries - the round, flat silver type.
6. The light comes with it's own neat little carrying pouch, including 2 spare batteries plus a small screwdriver to open the battery compartment. These all fit inside the carrying pouch.

The unit is available in white or black- I chose the black because previous experience has taught me that a white or silver lighting unit is a bit distracting to the eye- I can always see it in my peripheral vision, whereas the black light unit seems to be more relaxing on the eye, and you don't notice it. But that's just down to personal taste, of course.

All in all, the best reading light I have ever had, by far!
on 4 October 2012
This little light now enables me to stay in the conservatory and read my Kindle for longer. The fixed light in there isn't good enough to read by, and now the nights are drawing in it has meant moving to the lounge to continue reading.The "Kandle" has solved this problem. It attaches quite easily to the top of the Kindle and throws enough light onto the screen to read comfortably. As might be expected the bottom of the screen is slightly darker than the top, which is nearer to the two LEDs. Easily adjustable, and sturdily built, a useful little tool to use when you haven't enough light. Neatly packaged in a box with two extra batteries, carrying pouch and screwdriver, a good buy from Ozeri through Amazon.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 August 2015
This is the second Kandle I have bought, my other is a white one. The light is excellent and comes with spare batteries. My other Kandle has lasted 5 months on the batteries which came with it.I bought this black light as I have two kindles, one a newer model and a Kindle Keyboard. My husband takes one of the Kindles to read on business trips so needed another light. The clips on the back of these lights are really strong and clip firmly over the covers of both models of Kindle. Good value and quick delivery.