VINE VOICEon 16 May 2011
There are a lot of reviews of these little fellas saying that they don't keep your food hot long enough. I was initially put off by that, as I work in an office that "due to health and saftey regulations" won't let us have a microwave. I got one of these for Christmas though, so figured It'd be worth a go.

The first couple of meals I tried in here were heated to the recommended timings at 7am. At lunchtime (1pm), I found the meals were as others stated - lukewarm. Initially I only used pasta dishes, as to be honest, they could be eaten hot or cold without making me feel sick - so it wasn't a real problem.

Then one day, I had some left over chili so thought I'd give it a go. I stuck it in the microwave when I got up and left it in for a couple of extra minutes. When lunchtime arrived, I found my chili was still hot enough to need blowing. Hooray! Now I use it for all sorts of hot food I fancy - stews, spag bols, pasta, rice, curry etc etc. The food is always hot and tasty.

I do however have a bad point to note - cleaning this is not pleasant. It seems every food I want to put in here has something orange in it to stain the sides. Would be great if I could stick it in the dishwasher too, but both are minor niggles.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone wanting hot food and no access to ovens during the day. Just heat the food up for slightly longer than you would normally.

[EDIT]It was brought to my attention in the comments, that this is in fact dishwasher safe, so the bad points I mentioned are not actually valid and as such this has no bad points, hurrah![/EDIT]
66 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2012
I thought twice about purchasing this product because of the instructions on using a microwave but I thought I'd try it anyway. We don't use a microwave in our household so I ignored the instructions and tried this with soup just the other day. I had made a pumpkin and leek soup and made sure that I had brought it to boil before adding it to the container before setting off to work. I left at 8am and had my soup at about 2pm and although it wasn't piping hot, it was still warm which I'm very impressed about. I didn't expect it as the instructions were clear about using a microwave to keep the warmth contained so if it didn't really do the job, I couldn't fault the manufacturer or product. Well made and very useful.
on 25 March 2013
Looks great but not recommended for tomato based soups or sauces. I heated up tomato soup, following the instructions, and the inside is now left discoloured and looks slightly melted! - I would only recommend this product for transporting cold food.
on 15 January 2011
I have a slightly older version of this, and I love it. OK sure, it is not a thermos so stuff does not stay piping hot, but it is so convenient for taking a nice, pre-cooked lunch into the office, sticking it in the micro, and voila, a hot lunch of rice and veggies, or stew, or soup. Hot food placed in it in the morning will be lukewarm at lunchtime, so you will need the micro. There is room to separate food, e.g. the rice and the veggies, or you can take the separator out and fill it with soup. I recommend it for any office worker who gets bored with sandwiches. It is easy to carry about, and looks very nice too.
on 19 March 2013
Hi All,

There was a mixed feedback on this product but I still felt this was a good product to buy. However having used this for my daughter nursery lunch every day, this doesn't even keep the food warm after 3 hours!!!!

Very disappointed and would advice people not to buy this.

Regards
Tushar
on 6 March 2013
Great little food canister. Does the job & i like that theres a removable insert.
Fabby bright cheerful colour too.
on 3 August 2013
I wanted a replacement for a 36 year old wide necked thermos flask in which I could make yoghurt. This has proved perfect, it keeps the milk/yoghurt mixture warm for long enough to thicken, and then it fits tidily under the shelf in the fridge to keep cold.
on 1 November 2014
Love love love it! Keeps food at the wanted temperature for a really long time. Most importantly for me, it does not leak at all. I also have the travel mug which is equally good.
on 14 December 2012
I thought this product would keep hot food warm for several hours. I was very disappointed when food that had been warmed in the morning did not stay hot until luchtime.
on 15 January 2014
I loved the design of this bento lunch box and as it was an Aladdin I didn't think twice about quality, unfortunately my soup was cold by lunch time, very disappointed