Top critical review
17 people found this helpful
Bought two, both were faulty!
on 9 May 2012
We purchased a pack of two of these carbon monoxide detectors for our new flat, within the first month one went off in the middle of the night, causing considerable panic and distress - we called the emergency gas services who came out and said that nothing was wrong with our (pretty new) boiler and it was probably a faulty alarm. So after a night without heating (in early January)we then fitted the second alarm and all seemed fine for a couple of months and then the second alarm went off - instead of harassing the gas emergency people again we opened our windows and purchased a new alarm by FireAngel with a digital display and a sealed 7 year battery. So far it has only read 0. Needless to say I wouldn't purchase this product again, nor would I recommend it to anyone!
It might also be worth noting that before the national grid gas engineer has even entered our property he asked if our alarm was a Kidde one and expressed some dismay when we said it was.