Customer reviews

on 18 July 2017
good
on 15 August 2017
Was told that this product with come with a cable, however it did not which is useless.
on 17 May 2017
Looked a bit cheap and nasty when I opened it. I was hoping to stick it to the inside of my suitcase to anchor things to to prevent theft. Couldn't obviously use the screws but after reading the reviews on the powerful sticky back I thought I'd give it a go. Left it to set for 24 hours but just one firm pull took it off straight away.
on 14 December 2016
I'm an IT Tech and am about to furnish a large office area with 32 laptops. Rather than drill hole I thought these would be a better. more asthetic alternative. I also wondered if the anchor came with a cable. This question has already been addressed. However some replies stated that it came with a cable other comments said that it didn't. I purchased one just to find out if it did (or din't) come with a cable before I invest in 32 of them..So, for the record, THIS ITEM DOES NOT COME WITH A CABLE. You get the anchor with a prefixed sticky pad, you get the plastic cover which hides the screws,you get 2 screws and a tiny little (seriously cheap) alcohol wipe to clean the surface before you apply the anchor to the desk. NO CABLE. This is a comapritvely good price for the anchor, I'll be sourcing generic cables as Kensington locks are just too expensive when there are plenty similar alternatives.
on 2 July 2016
I live in a "not so decent" neighbourhood and have lived here for around five years. Since I have lived here, I have been burgled 8 times. The last time they took my month old lenovo all-in-one. I decided to buy a new PC, a lenovo idea centre AIO 700 which has a Kensington lock slot on the back and I was determined to make sure it didn't meet the same fate as my last one.

This cable is brilliant. It fits snugly into the slot and was really easy to lock in. The orange tag keeps everything organized at the back of my computer so it is out of the way. The cable is strong and has a lot of length to it so it's really easy to attach and it is so easy to move.
10/10
on 26 January 2013
Seems pretty good - I now have a nice solid security anchoring point.
It is a good kit, and easily sited / assembled.
on 8 January 2015
These cable anchor clamps will do the job but I'm not convinced that they will stop a determined thief. I would imagine with a fair yank these could be pulled off the table/wall or whatever they have been secured to. A well prepared thief may even snap off the plastic cover and unscrew the plate. I don't intend to test it so it could be better secured than I think. Hopefully I won't ever need to find out! All this security is generally just supposed to be a deterrent to (casual) theft - so I suppose they do that job well. It comes with a sticky pad and screws to fix it.
on 27 December 2015
Strong and easy to install.

I am sure somebody could overcome this with either time, strength or planning but laptop thefts (and most electronics thefts) are spontaneous crimes when the brief opportunity presents itself. This minimises that oppportunity. Job done.
on 6 October 2016
I feel like the anchor may be stronger than the desk it's stuck to, but hopefully it'll make someone think twice before trying to walk off with my laptop.
on 6 April 2014
This is a well made and very useful anchor mount. Comes with fixing screw and is so simple to install.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse