on 13 June 2011
I loved these from the moment I got them. Excellent sound quality and they appear a lot more substantial than other earphones.

I paid quite a lot for them so in actual fact looked after them more than any other earphones I have owned.

Then last week they broke. It looks it is where the cable goes into my iPhone - basically one ear or the other either crackles or doesn't play at all when you are moving.

I give two stars because the sound on them was pretty good but they were expensive and only lasted about 10 weeks - I did use them every week day on my train commute.

I won't say they aren't worth getting as the sound was good, also no one else has mentioned them breaking and I may just have got a bad set.
on 28 September 2011
I purchased these as I periodically needed a headset to use with my iphone at work.

I was so impressed with the sound quality of the headphones (which I used far more) and found the microphone to work well indoors, it doesn't work so well in windy outdoor conditions - I think this is pretty standard though for these type of devices. The dynamic range of the headphones was unlike any pair that I'd had before.

They also have a feature whereby it 'plays' your own voice through the headset when you speak so that you don't find yourself shouting to hear your own voice while wearing both isolating earbuds.

Unfortunately, after pretty infrequent use - not even an hour per week, within 6 months the microphone had failed and I returned these to Amazon for a refund. I'm almost tempted to buy another pair as this may have been a one off, but there are other cases similar describe here.
on 13 October 2010
Having previously bought a pair of Denon AHC260R earphones and been disappointed, I was looking around for an alternative and found an online review that recommended these Scosche headphones. I'm glad I chose these rather than other well-known brands such as Klipsh or Shure which tend to get highly recommended.

The sound quality is amazing, thanks mainly due the earbuds that block outside noise extremely well (I find the biggest problem with earbuds is that the quality of the sound being produced is meaningless if the buds do not block outside sound properly). I actually had to turn off the bass booster on my iPod, it's that good whereas in the past I've been struggling to get any hint of proper bass.

The build quality is superb: The remote unit is sleek, smart and the buttons responsive - there is never any wondering "Did I press or didn't i?". The cord is not the usual soft plastic but a fabric/cloth type of material. Not only is this more pleasing to the touch, it helps prevent tangling as the cord does not stick to itself. The mic is discreetly placed on the cord, and also acts as an instant reminder of which is the right-hand earbud.

For the price these are amazing earphones. So glad I got them.
on 5 January 2011
These headphones compared to the original Apple ones are amazing, from the first time I put them I realised they are worth every penny. The music just comes alive and you can here detail that wasn't there before. The Bass is also much better and controlled.

A side note: My original heads broke and the company I got them form replaced them straight away and Scoshce have now updated them and they are even better. The cable has been changed and now there is no more cable noise when walking.
on 15 September 2010
I've bought loads of things on amazon and this is the first product I'm reviewing because they deserve one. I bought some s4is but returned them due to the poor bass. These are perfect, bass is brilliant yet so is the treble. I'm hearing both bass and treble sounds I've never heard before. s4i wins marginally on clarity but these are still crisp and give a much richer and fuller sound and I can listen less than half of max volume easily. A good selection of tips sizes (6) and a clip is included. The wires are like a thread to reduce tangling. The mic for the phone is actually positioned near the mouth unlike the s4i. Overall excellent and recommend them to anyone
on 6 February 2011
Very impressed with the sound quality of these in ear buds. Bass is good and generally the sound quality is excellent.

travel on trains and tube I can hear my music without any need for excessive volume and at work I can listen without complaints about bleed from my colleagues.

The only small issue is that as they are buds and the cable is a kind of shoelace material occassionally you can feel/hear the friction on the cable in your ears. There is a clip you can use which pretty much eliminates this but Its only when sitting at work I am ever aware of it and it wouldnt put me off buying them again.

The price tag is quite steep I guess but the quality of them is very apparent.

I would definitely recommend them.
on 11 May 2011
I have owned all the iPhone compatible models of BOSE, Shure and Beats - this one blows them away.

One warning - the cable is unfortunately made of some material which wears easily - my left bud stopped working after 9 months of daily use - it comes with a pouch and I ALWAYS used the pouch - so I cant say I abused them at all. This is a major negative, but given that the sound is SO AWESOME, I still think it deserves 5 stars - THAT GOOD!

However, make sure you have some warranty as you will need it! I got a refund from Amazon for mine - lucky!
on 18 November 2010
Sound quality is good for both phone conversations and music, the earbuds are very comfortable, and the cable resists entanglement, which is a big plus! (This illustrates the practicality of the design, as does the clip, and pouch: less chance to get lost or damaged.
I've been using them a month now and actually can't find fault with them (and yes I was trying- for the sake of balance!). I use them with an iPhone, and I would recommend them.
on 8 September 2011
Pros: I found the music quality of the ear phones really good, although the bass is not as powerful as my previous sennheisers. The remote works well (have had no issues like the Sony MDR controls got jammed within a month of use) and the cable is brilliant in the sense that it doesn't tangle and get attached to things like my rubbery sennheisers did. The clip is strong and keeps the wires in place - unlike other reviews I've read about people losing clips.

Cons: I've had these earphones for nine months now and I am on my 3rd pair. After three months each time the right ear bud would lose sound and this time the left one has gone. I have no idea why and I listen to these everyday whilst commuting from train to tube enroute to work and often at my desk. The build of the earphones don't seem to cope well with every day wear and tear and I am bored of replacing them only for them to break again - so will embark on looking for new set of durable earphones.
on 17 September 2013
I have now bought 2 of these headphones one in 2011 and the other in 2012. Unfortunately the same thing has happened to the 2nd pair, the left ear plug crackles and/or cuts out :-(

I am so disappointed as the sound quality is brilliant, that why when the 1st set broke I replaced it with another one, plus the fact that you can just click (a few times) and be able to listen to the next or previous track. Unfortunately for me, on this occasion the item has broken 6 months after the warranty has expired (I am taking it that the warranty is 12 months, but then again I could be wrong).

I am not sure whether I will purchase another one of these headphones as they don't seem to last much longer than a year or so. Oh well, my search shall resume for another set of headphones - although I might just be tempted to buy a 3rd part!

See one answered question