Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

Colour: Red/Black|Size: Small|Change

on 4 August 2011
Without sounding a little bit over the top.. This harness changed my life!! Our Labrador has actually stopped pulling, simply amazing!
Usually after a walk I'd be unbelievably stressed out and the dog would be out of breath from pulling so much with her collar. This harness changes that completely, both the dog and I came back after the walk as happy as can be!!
If you have similar problems, it's a MUST buy. Absolutely brilliant! - I also recommend the lead that goes with it, really comfy on your hand with it's padded handle!! A+++
on 27 January 2011
Our labrador has had a burst disc in his neck so he isn't able to wear a collar anymore - wanted something that was going to be comfortable for him to wear - most of the harnesses I found looked like they would cut into him - but the padding on this one is great and very easy to take on and off.
on 26 May 2013
this is our 4th Ferplast harness of this type. This extra small size was perfect for our Jack Russell pup and although it was able to grow with him we bought the small size as he grew. It was a bit big even when the rubber straps were fully closed but we found we could combine the top part of one with the bottom part of the other to give 2 intermediate sized harnesses. Compared to other harnesses this one is very easy to fit. We leave one of the 4 clips fastened (the one at the collar) then close the other side of the collar onto the dog first it's then held while you position the padded chest section and clip the straps at the side. The harness is very hard wearing and quickly drys on the radiator after a walk in the rain (if you have a dog that loves to chew I recommend keeping the harness out of his/her reach as the heavy rubber straps can be chewed completely out of shape).
on 27 April 2011
This is a versatile and comfortable harness. It is easy to fit and remove, while holding the dog securely. The small size fits my boston terrier and the colour is perfect.
on 9 November 2014
The sizing on this product is bizarre; the medium fits 55-65cms, the large fits 70-80cms, my dog is 67cms, smack in the middle of the 2 sizes. She is a very fit, muscular Staffordshire and, knowing that sizes arent always true, I bought both to try them side by side. The medium fits too tightly, the large, whilst fine around her chest, is far too love around her neck and pulls over her head.
Why the gap of 5cm between sizes? If the straps on the medium were 1cm longer it would fit really well.
I think the concept of this product and the manufacturing quality is excellent, but it's totally let down by no obvious forethought about the sizing by the designer.
on 5 May 2011
I bought this in a size Large for my Greyhound and unfortunately the neck is too big, but I can't go down a size as it only just fits around his waist. I guess it's hard to make a range of harnesses that will fit all dogs, but it's a shame as it's the most comfortable harness I've found and most harnesses tend to rub short-haired dogs.

It seems like a really good product and if it fitted my dog I would definitely keep it! Might have to get a new dog...
on 31 January 2014
I bought this in the Amazon sale and thought it worth the money. I bought the Medium size (I have a Staffie which is classed as a medium sized dog) but I really could have done with a larger size? The clasps are almost at the very end, so It 'just' fits at the moment. He is still quite young, but if he puts on any weight it will be too small? The site did not give any measurements to go by or I would have gone for the larger size (hence only 4 stars?)

It is stylish, gives very good control and my dog seems very comfortable in it. It has stopped him pulling and the constant scratching at a collar. I would recommend it for dogs that tend to pull. The clasps make it easy to put on and take off.
on 19 May 2012
I purchased this harness when the price was briefly dropped to £28 a few weeks ago. The harness fits my 14 month old female Labrador perfectly. I purchased the Ferplast harness because the standard nylon harnesses were rubbing her chest and under the front legs. After a few walks in the wet weather the harness does get very dirty (mud and grass stains) and so far I haven't been able to get the marks out.

24/04/14 UPDATE Other than the light grey areas getting dirty this harness has no signs of wear....after 2 years use!! I didn't expect it to last more than a few months. Excellent value for money and will definitely buy another when the current one breaks.
on 1 February 2017
This is our second one of these, the first one lasted for ages, many times through the washing machine, and hundreds of muddy walks. I was sceptical about getting one at first as it seemed cheap in price compared to others (the red and black large seems to be the cheapest). However saw it on a Black Friday deal and thought why not, I have a large Border Collie who likes to take charge on a walk.

It has definitely improved our walks, he immediately seemed to pull less and I felt a lot better knowing all the strain wasn't going through his neck. It's also a lot easier to take his lead on and off when on a walk as the metal hoop on the back of the harness is really easy to find, unlike the one on his collar.

It hasn't stopped pulling completely, although I have read reviews where a harness has done just that. Guess it depends on the breed and training. however it has been as effective as a halti (we tried everything).

I was also a bit worried about the plastic clasps, but I needn't have been, they feel very sturdy and as I said my large Border Collie has had no issues with it.

Also recommended to a friend with a Staffy and it has been great for them too.
on 11 April 2015
A very high quality harness, well made with strong ratchet clips, sturdy nylon webbing straps and soft, comfy neoprene construction that never cuts in or chafes.

However, it doesn't stop our border collie from pulling (in fact it seems to give him something to pull against, rather like a sled dog) so loses a star for that.

We couple this with a Halti head collar and flip between the two on our walks: Halti for heel/road walking at close quarters and Ferplast harness on a long Flexi lead for more free range adventures.

It is great, too, for hanging onto if you have a naughty pup who doesn't alway listen to commands (easier to grab than a neck collar)...