on 18 August 2015
I would give this ten stars if I could. This is by far the best quality magic kit I have ever seen. The tricks are easy for even the youngest children to learn and my seven year old delighted in being able to perform to her family without any adult involvement whatsoever. The storage box opens out to create a magic screen for you to perform behind and all the tricks fit nicely away inside the box, (although there is a large round hole in one end of it) All in all a great purchase and good enough quality to pass down to the grandchildren :-)
on 5 January 2016
Bought for my granddaughter (and her grandad) for Christmas. They love it. Quite good quality items as well. Little difficult to do completely by herself (4 years) without giving the game away, but she really enjoyed putting on a show with her grandad (who said it's really good quality for the money) Ordered a spare magic wand so that they had one each :) Not completed all the tricks yet so given it 4 stars until I have seen what else they have to perform!
on 30 December 2014
This was a gift for my children who had been trying "magic" by slipping toys up their sleeves.

The tricks themselves are cheaply made but just about ok. For example the lining of the bag is slightly thready and ill-fitting but just about does a good job.

At least one trick looks very promising - a disappearing coin trick that reappears inside a box inside another box....which is readily set up but there's little clue from the instructions how to get the coin to "disappear" in order to set up the trick.

The set however resulted in one of the most hysterically funny and memorable bits of this Christmas with about half the tricks used so just about worth it.
on 1 February 2015
This product is brilliant! Bought for a child with special needs who tends to break most things. We explained the tricks and he managed them all. Really well made compared to other sets on the market we have purchased (three) and others usually have very small parts and cheaply made..Very traditional sturdy design, all made of wood. We thought it was really good value. I have to admit it brought out the child in me. This is the first Melissa and Doug product we have bought so we will now be looking at others
on 27 December 2015
I have bought many Melissa and Doug toys in the past, and am always impressed with the quality of their toys. I was even more impressed with this magic set! Even at full price, this magic set is a bargain. So many amazing tricks, my son loves it, I love it. All made out of good quality materials. The tricks are not only impressive, but simple enough for my 7 year old to perform. Would definitely buy again. Brilliant.
on 31 January 2016
Very nice quality products. Well made. I have bought magic sets for the kids before but we keep loosing pieces which means you can't do it after a while. This is very well thought through for kids usage, as there are not many loose pieces. The tricks are good and they can learn do them, which meant it was fun for them and me. I didn't have to read the instructions for ages before being able to show the kids how to do. Very happy.
on 5 June 2016
Really good quality. All the magic tricks are impressive, unlike other sets which appear to offer many more tricks but which are mediocre. This was a very good present for a six year old, who after an initial run through with an adult made a good show of mastering most of the tricks. A year later, she is quite competent unassisted. So we have all enjoyed being involved and learning the tricks with her.
on 8 June 2015
we bought a cheap plastic magic set (marvins magic) and the tricks were difficult to perform for a young one and rubbish even when the adults had a go! THis is lovely, the wooden box is gorgeous and all the pieces feel solid and expensive. My little one (just 4) loves the magic bag expecially and can perform a few tricks. We've all been delighted with it! Only tiny downside is the box has no latch to keep it closed for storing all the bits in, so it opens up but other than that it's fab!!!
on 8 February 2016
Got this for an excellent price it's brilliant bought for my 8 year old son and 6 year old daughter both love it
I had to read through the different tricks and go through how to perform with them
An excellent purchase don't hesitate
Very good quality and good range of tricks also the box folds to keep all tricks together
on 31 May 2016
Bought this for my friends 7 year old daughter for christmas and it was absolutely beautiful. Got it for a brilliant price - 50% off I think- and it was really good quality when it arrived. To be honest every M&D toy I have ever bought has been brilliant quality so I never hesitate. Perfect for your budding magician!