Customer reviews

Lewis Hamilton: My Story
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 8 September 2008
Lewis Hamilton, 22 years old, bearly an adult, but boy he's had a thrilling life so far! Many people are calling this book a missed opportunity, but they haven't read it. This book is truly one of the geatest autobiographies ever written. It realy captures the passion he has for racing and how he wouldn't knowingly do anything to jepeordise his racing career. Reading this book is an experiance never to be forgotten, and if you don't believe me then get it, book a Saturday alone and read. Sadly I have finished the book, but as he is only 22 years old there should be lots more to come from Britains favorite racing driver/bookwriter, and boy I can't wait!!!!
on 31 March 2008
I think that this is a truly inspirational read. i am not a massive fan of formula 1 or lewis for that matter this book was my friends and i decided to have a read as it seemed very inspirational. Lewis just proves that if you try hard enough you can live the dream and suceed in the job/sport you are passionate about. I dont care what any of you lot who rated it as 1 star think, because a lot of you havent even blooming well read the book and others have but they didnt like lewis hamilton to start with so why read it then? you all amaze me! and my granny always told me dont judge a book by its cover and dont judge a person by its skin.
on 7 November 2007
I've just finished reading this and as a big F1 fan found it a hugely enjoyable read.
The Lewis Hamilton story to date is genuinely inspiring and that story is well captured here.
Its not a long book but you wouldn't expect that - his story is after all just beginning.
But the F1 season this year, viewed through Lewis's eyes has a enough twists and turns to make it an excellent read for any fan.
The perfect stocking filler.
on 6 July 2016
I really enjoyed reading this book what an grounded young man Lewis is.
on 10 January 2008
I understand the negative reviews here completely. However, even though the book is brief it actually benefits from this fact. Instead of boring the reader with every details of a mans life (who is ONLY 22) the book focuses on the driving side of Lewis Hamilton and is a fascinating insight into both how he has got to where he is and into F1. If you do want value for money though it may be better that you wait for the book to come slightly down in price.
on 17 February 2008
although listed as best seller in F1, a one star is all i can give.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Hamilton is the best thing that happened to F1 since Montoya left.... NO SERIOUSLY, He is the prodogy that will change the nombers of of F1. shame he pledged to McLaren Mercedes, is it for th rest of his career? only time will tell.

on a last note, please Lewis, wait for more F1 seasons before another "My Story" for a story to actually unfold.
on 27 December 2007
Lewis Hamilton - and I'm a fan - is an astonishing F1 driver. Sadly he can't write. (If it was ghost written, the ghost writer can't write!).

Nothing much of substance in here I'm afraid. What could have (and should have) been fascinating, was mundane. If you're looking for insights into the man, the world of F1, what its like to be part of a global circus, then I'm afraid you will have to look elsewhere.

Shame.
on 1 September 2010
Being a BIG Lewis fan I couldn't wait to read this book, but i was quite disapointed. It's very - i went to a race and won, and it was 'cool' then i prepared for the next race. I guess untill he is retired we wont see/hear enough truth of what really went on in his racing days as he is too groomed by the PR and obviously can't offend anyone for sponsor reasons. Still though, a great book of success!
on 10 November 2014
Not what I expected, needs to bring out a new book asap
on 3 September 2010
Everyone seems to be rating this book pretty low, and even though it is quite out of date as it details Hamilton's first season in F1, it still gives a good background and history to the driver.
I found it interesting and it gave me even more respect for Lewis. For the price, you can't really go wrong!