Customer reviews

on 23 November 2016
This wonderful book is one of my favourite books I've read. Enagaging and well-written, I was thoroughly absorbed in Tom's travels and gastronomic adventures, to the extent that I never wanted it to end. For lovers of food and cycle touring, this has to be one of the best adventures, and Tom's sensitive account of his experiences along the way make it a real page turner.
on 17 October 2013
I found this book very entertaining and great fun to read. Some of the recipes are really not appetising at all but I am sure this was the intention of the author. Great humour and a crazy adventure. Will probably read this again in a couple of years.
on 11 October 2015
A thoroughly engaging read. Tom had me cracking up throughout the book, and his laid back character shone through. Fantastic book, especially if you enjoy cycling, food of any kind, travelling, the Americas, or a combination of them all (as I do.)
on 28 March 2010
Perfect blend of the two best things in the world - food and cycling! Well written, amusing and motivational! Makes me want to get out on the road! Best travel book I've ever read, couldn't/didn't put it down!
on 16 June 2014
You are gripped right fron the start. Tom takes you through a fantastic and wonderful journey. Makes you want to give up the day job! Keen to do one of his tours in France when I can.
on 24 August 2016
Tom writes with great attention to detail in describing everything from what he saw to what he ate. Humourous and engaging, this book is one of the best cycle touring books I've read.
on 24 May 2012
Bought this for my partner who loves travel adventures, he has so far read it 3 times as it is a fab book - if you like real life travel tales this is a must
on 17 August 2015
If you are a cyclist with plenty of time to do what Tom did, then this is the book for you. A wonderful read.
on 11 June 2016
My husband loved this book .
on 1 August 2014