Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£27.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 22 March 2010
If you happen to pass my kitchen window you may well see an 'older woman' dancing about and singing her head off. That'll be me! Since I bought this CD it's been my constant companion when I'm preparing meals. Every track is a favourite and, although I have many of them on other CDs, it's so much easier to put on one CD and just get peeling potatoes, etc.

It's brought it home to me again that I was so lucky to have lived through the 60s and the fantastic singers and groups we had at that time.

If you're into 60s music then this is a must have!
on 24 March 2011
What can I say:-) LOVED IT !!!!!! How it brought back the sunny Saturday mornings when I would clean the house with my two young daughters.All three of us singing along to the record player. They are all grown and married now but they still know all the words to the songs.I have it on my ipod now so I can listen to it when ever and where ever I want. Its fantastic.Keep up the good work guys and make an older lady happy.
on 14 June 2010
Having seen the Solid Silver 60's show, I just had to have the CD. Am I glad I did. For all those of us who remember with affection, this product is just brilliant. Highly recommended, and I am about to order Volume One. Miss this at your peril.
The second 'Solid-Silver' Collection maintains the standard set in the first again presenting wall-to-wall
priceless memories from the magic the 60's era gave us.
Again many of the major artists many of us followed back then with the occasional one-hit-wonder gem
as was the make-up of the first in the series.
I would describe the 2-CD Compilation equally desirable to the 2009 release, this having been released
the following year.
Some of the tracks to be found within each disc..............Disc One - 'Herman's Hermit's' --'No Milk Today'
....'The Kinks' --'Waterloo Sunset'........'The Tremeloes' --'Silence is Golden'........'Tom Jones' --'Delilah'..
....'Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas' --'Do You Want To Know A Secret'........'Gary Puckett and the Union
Gap' --'Young Girl'.......'Barry McGuire' --'Eve Of Destruction' (one of the memorable one-hit wonders to
be found)........and........'The Yardbirds' --'Shapes of Things'........a selection of some of the terrific gems
to be found on disc one........Disc Two - 'Peter Sarstedt' --'Where Do You Go To My Lovely' (only minor
entries followed this smash-hit for 'Peter' i would in effect include this as a one-hit-wonder)........'Del
Shannon' --'Little Town Flirt'........'Marmalade' --'Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da'........'The Swinging Blue Jeans' --
'You're No Good'........'Sandie Shaw' --('There's) Always Something There to Remind Me'........'The Moody
Blues' --'Go Now'........'Traffic' --'Hole In My Shoe'.......and........'Brian Hyland' --'Ginny Come Lately'....
again just some of the great memories to be found on disc two................as with the first in the series,
i truly could have highlighted several different selections to what i actually did, this for me is another very
collectable 2-CD Set..........(Have owned Both since around the time of release)
99 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2012
I have just received a used copy of this double cd set, from a seller on the amazon site, it is in fantastic condition, with a great track listing. The product detail on the Amazon site is inaccurate, this is a two disc set, with 30 tracks on each disc, not one disc with 56 tracks. This set is a follow up to a previous release titled "The Solid Silver 60's Greatest Hits" another two disc set, with a further 30 tracks on each disc. Both of these sets, I will call them Vols.1&2 are brilliant, and well worthy of all the good reviews listed on the Amazon site. If you are a fan of 60's music at all these two sets are as good a place as any to start your collection. Volume two can still be bought in new condition, volume one you might have to search for as a second hand purchase. I bought my copies of both volumes second hand on Amazon and was lucky enough to get great used copies in excellent condition for a total of under eight pounds. Both of these discs are still available on Amazon, and I have no qualms recommending both of these sets as well worth the effort in searching out. Rumour has it that there might also be a Volume3 floating around, but for some unknown reason this disc is rumoured to only have 16 tracks. These two cd releases are well worth investing a few pounds on, and I heartily recommend both. Mrs. M Walsh.
on 30 August 2011
This is really good 60s collection, even though it is Volume 2, I was so pleased to get Pamela Pamela by Wayne Fontana, and Early in the Morning by Vanity fair, plus all the other brilliant 60s tracks, I dont think any music will beat this Decade so I am looking forward to a volume 3 and I am sure it would be has good has the other two. Highly recommended
on 28 March 2010
This is a great CD with lots of hits from the 60's (including some rarer ones). Highly recommended!!! Have even booked tickets now to see the tour live.
on 29 March 2010
If you like 60s music you will love this and if you have a spare bob or two go and see the show...............Brilliant!!
on 20 June 2013
I bought this CD having watched the boat that rocked. Loved all the songs they played and didn't realise how much I loved the 60's music. I usually skip tracks on albums, but this one I played all the way through. Would highly recommend to all ages, my son who is 19 sings along and knows most of the tunes.
on 26 April 2010
great cd it's everything we thought, brill service received it very fast, can't falt anything