Customer reviews

The Essential Dinah Washington [Double CD]
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 October 2014
Not very much more one can say about this lady. For me she is the best, everytime I buy an album of hers' I think there must be a downside to her performance, or there's no way this purchase can live up to the last one I bought.
Guest what! she always surpass my expectation. If like me you like Dinah washington this double CD is just superb with most of her well known classics. A voice like no other, a style so unique,for the price what a bargin!!!!!
on 14 March 2016
Love these cds. One of the most distinctive female voices - in the way that Billie Hollidays voice was so distinctive. If you like the American Bluesy Torch singers this is for you.
on 7 October 2016
An excellent compilation of one of my favourite singers, Dinah Washington. So relaxing, with perfect pitch and phrasing , no wonder Amy Winehouse also admired her performances. Highly recommended.
on 21 March 2013
The record takes me back to a time when I listened to this music and whatched the big bands and eara that will never come agagin Iam sorry to say.
on 22 July 2013
Warm and emotional and relaxing and..well a most enjoyable set of songs beautifully arranged and delivered. Worth every penny and I wish I had discovered this collection years ago.
on 14 June 2014
just gives me chills and lots of thrills to here this smooth ladies voice. Carries me away to another place of real nightclubs, double breasted suits and fedoras.
on 21 August 2017
Thank You.
on 12 September 2016
A GOOD VALUE CD
on 27 April 2017
Cannot get enough of Dinah Washington. She is magic.
on 28 September 2016