on 14 January 2011
Please note that this is NOT a genuine Dell product so if your reason for buying was the title of the product then think again.
However if your reason for buying is to buy a working adapter power supply for your laptop which is miles cheaper than buying from Dell then this is the product for you!
Another thing is that the length of the wire/cord is shorter than the original dell charger. However it is still a good length but you just wont get as far away from a power socket as I did originally.
I bought this charger for my inspiron dell 6400 and it works perfectly. I also tried it on an inspiron 1525 laptop and it works 100% on that too.

Breakdown:
- shorter cable length
- NOT genuine dell despite advertisement as such
+ works 100%
+ is lightweight, much lighter than my original charger
+ MUCH cheaper than buying from Dell themselves
+ a good seller very fast delivery
+ the perfect replacement laptop adapter
on 7 January 2011
Well i have purchased this dell charger. it does work perfactlly,.. loooks like.
But as it shown in PHOTOGRAPH and BIG LETTER HEADING, its not genuine dell charger. It doesnt have igrave print as dell, it has short length of wire than original dell charger. n it doesnt have that rubber flap as dell either..

So basically its misleading advertisement for selling GENUINE DELL CHARGER. i have been to one of the Electric/computer shop and they said, its a replica adepter charger. not genuine..

Anyways guys, it does work .Dont know how long it will b. but its not genuine.
ITS WRONG.. all i would say.
on 20 June 2011
Read some of reviews of this supplier so I wasn't overly surprised when the adapter did not work! Feel quite cross that I will have to pay to return the item so I am out of pocket and still without a power supply.
on 18 July 2011
This product overheated then popped burning the sofa. Its not genuine! Do not buy! The one star is for quick refund.
on 17 June 2010
I think this seller is genuine. And the product is working fine. It arrived in a securely packed box. I am pleased with the seller and the product so far.
Its almost half price that I've got with this seller.
on 26 October 2011
We brought this a few months ago. Wish I had of read the other comments that said they had issues with this blowing up. Woke up one morning and living room was full of smoke from this device.

DO NOT BUY!! These are dodgy.
on 27 February 2013
I received delivery of this charger. No power cord is included. This was not clarified in the product description. This is completely misleading. Now I have to return it. This is my waste of time. Raj Mehta
on 7 September 2014
This is the 2nd one a brought as the first one broke. An adequate replacement and still currently working. Not sure if its a better standard than the first one, but I have been using these for 9 years now.
on 28 August 2010
there is no better parts for DELL than the Geniuine parts from DELL. this charger and adapter pack works like magic. I have bought a couple of other ones from the shops that I was not pleased with. I thought my batteries were dead but upon getting this duo from Amazon, I did not need to change the battery of one of my laptops. This product come highly recommended. I am even getting a spare.
on 1 July 2012
Good: It charges the battery when plugged in, without any warning messages about genuine Dell chargers

Bad: It renders the touchpad unusable when plugged in. Specifically, it seems to be a grounding issue, because as soon as I touch a metal part of the laptop with my other hand, it works, and stops working as soon as I let go.

It's possible that this is only a problem with my laptop and not yours, but I never had this with any other power supplies.

Edit: it seems that the grounding issue was temporary and it's OK now, so ** becomes ****; will revise again if it recurs.