Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Price aside, these are the best headphones I've ever tried
on 7 January 2014
Keeping this short. These headphones are the best I've used. Having come from a robust pair of comparably priced Shure headphones, I do prefer these X10s.
I purchased mine for just under £100, which I think is very good value for money. Would I pay the RRP of £249.99? Yes, probably I would. I have listed my pros and cons below. The pros are numerous. However, one thing people have written a lot about is the build quality. It is safe to safe the Shure headphones I used are heavier and more robust, but with that said, I've been using the X10s now for 6 months and there is little to no sign of wear and tear. If you look after your headphones I can imagine that these will last years with daily use.
- They are excellent at isolating noise. I use them in the London underground tube daily and come close to isolating all external noise when listening to my favourite music. The seal they make in my ear is great.
- The sound quality is excellent, both at the top and bottom end.
- They are extremely lightweight. Great for runners.
- They are extremely comfortable.
- They come with a range of accessories including changeable ear buds for different sized ears
- Very little noise is transmitted to your ears if you happen to knock the cabling or rub it
- Looks pretty great
- They build quality is good, but they are slightly less robust that I would like (this is tempered by the fact that they are so lightweight).