Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 March 2010
I have been anticipating this album ever since Boyzone first got back together. Back then all I and the other fans had was total excitement at the thought of new material. After the tragic loss of Stephen this album was always going to be a totally different experience, both for the Boyz and for the listener.

Having Gave It All Away as the opening track was the right choice, and sums up the old Boyzone, from then on the other Boyz are left to fend on their own and they do extremely well. Far less ballads than we are used to with Boyzone albums, almost every song has an up tempo beat. Love Is A Hurricane is a belter, the fact that Mikey has lead vocals on a couple of tracks is fantastic and even Shane sings solo at one point!!

One of the highlights is One More Song, perfectly placed in the middle of the album as if to remind us why this album was recorded. The lyrics are beautiful, such as "without your voice, it's just not a song." This is a real tear-jerker and just makes you realise (as if you needed reminding) how loved Steo was. The ending of the song is particularly poignient, with the lyrics leaving us in no doubt who they are singing about.

Let Your Wall Fall Down has a fantastic choir at the beginning which was a real surprise, and the album closes with Stronger, the only other track that the Boyz had with Stephen's vocals on. To say this song is haunting would be an understatement, and it brings the album full circle - they start it as a five piece, and they end it as one. Stephen's absence on the majority of this album is heartbreaking, but I know he would be so, so happy with his bandmates and best friends for producing a truely great album. They have done him proud and I, as a fan since nine years old, am truely proud to call myself a fan of this brilliant group and their remarkable album. I urge anyone to buy it.
on 9 March 2010
To be honest as soon as I heard they were releasing a new album after the death of Stephen Gately I was dubious as to what it would sound like.

You can hear the others singing as well. I have not always been the biggest fan so I don't always know who is actually singing now as Stephen and Ronan had the most distinctive voices.

After reading the reviews the song Ruby is well sung by Mikey and I think it would be great if he sang more on future albums as he has a good voice.

What has surprised me the most is the amount of great upbeat songs such as Ruby, Love Is A Hurricane, Too Late For Hallelujah, Seperate Cars and Let Your Will Fall Down.

I do think and I may be slated for this but I feel Too Late For Hallelujah reminds me of the Snow Patrol song Chasing Cars.

I think they could gain more new fans from this album as it is so upbeat despite still having the slower songs that they are known for.

The songs featuring Stephen, Gave It All Away and Stronger are great and show his voice of well and I think that the opening and closing tracks featuring his voice are a nice tribute to such a good person and great singer.

I would definately recommended this album as it is refreshing to hear them come back with a great sound.
Whilst I am writing this review prior to the release date, I have heard most of the songs in full on another site and I have to say that this is a very good album.

It is extremely sad that Stephen is missing and "Gave it all away" (written by Mika) is a heart wrenching track which features Stephens vocals and it feels like the end of an era. Whilst many groups would have left the industry, I am pleased that these guys have been so brave and released a new album which is obviously dedicated to Stephen. This makes this album very special indeed. You may be forgiven for thinking that as this album is the first since the loss of their bandmate it would be a depressing album, put together in a hurry, but this cannot be further from the truth. Whilst there are a number of lyrics that could be taken as a message to Stephen, it is far from a sad album and infact the songs and the lyrics are very positive overall.

Boyzone, obviously losing one of their lead singers do sound slightly different, but in a fresh way and whilst Stephens absence is noticeable, you do get to hear Mikey, Keith & Shayne singing more than you did before. Ronan is still the lead singer but it is nice to hear the other boys too.

I like the song "Right here waiting" which is a ballad but has a poppy beat, it has some lovely words. Another one to look out for is "Stronger" which is very moving.

This is a different but positive offering and I hope that Boyzone will continue to perform and release new material together.
on 26 March 2010
No Boyzone fan could have made it through last October without shedding a tear for Stephen Gateley, his family and the Boyz. This album makes a perfect tribute to Stephen, starting and ending with his songs, 'Gave it all away' and 'Stronger'. The lyrics to 'One more song' set in the middle of the track listing are hauntingly beautiful and really show off the lads love and caring for one another.

The album is more than that though. Its about moving on and growing up. The sound is mature and, although still fun in places, is not dominated by the cheesy ballads. 'Love is a hurricane' showcases Ronan's always strong vocals, and, set to be the next single, is upbeat and powerful. 'Ruby' gives Mikey the reigns, as he leads while Ronan follows, and shows us the future for the bands sound. 'Right here waiting' leaves you wondering why Shane hasn't been given more time to sing over the last 16 years, with an amazingly strong performance.

An amazing album for both the Boyzone fan remembering Steo and the music fan appreciating the sound. Probably their best record yet.

RIP Steo.
on 19 February 2010
After listening too the samples it sounds like its going to be an amazing album. Ronan sounds stronger than ever!! Good luck to the boyz!!
on 19 February 2010
Wow I'm quite impressed! I'm a big fan of what they did previously, but this is quite impressive, it's different, yet I can't wait to hear the full songs now! Even my husband who is not the Boyzone-listening type of guy (Train, Evanescence, The Fray, U2, Three Doors Down are just a few of the artists he listens to) would probably approve of this album!! Can't wait for March 8th now, come on boyz, you're making us all proud! This has to be getting to the top of the charts, it can't be otherwise!
on 8 March 2010
Although long time Boyzone Fans will not wish to hear this, this CD marks the beginning of a more Mature Updated Sound.
Stephen was a tragic loss to these young men but this CD allows the other voices to stand out more.
The Boys will no longer be able to go back to the well of the past sound but move ahead with a greater dependence on all the vocals.
Even if you have not been a huge fan of Boyzone in the Past, this CD provides the opportunity for you to jump on board.
I believe this CD will be given serious consideration by the critics and may initiate a resurgence much like Take That.
Give this CD a listen, I believe if you are a fan you will love it and if you were on the fence this will make you a fan of this updated sound.
on 28 March 2010
I have been a fan of Boyzone since they formed all those years ago. Too say i am delighted with this Album would be an understatement. It is easy to listen to, the words are so poignant to a very much missed band mate, The group do miss Stephen amazing vocals but saying that still gel extremely well, I find the opening record very emotional, especially when Stephen sings 'will learn to live before i die' i am extremely excited about seeing the group next feb, can't wait for the next album. also unlike some singers/groups you hear the words clear and can't help letting the words affect you in parts
Boyzone should be very proud of themselves that they could not pay a more fitting tribute to Stephen and long may they reign,
on 19 February 2010
Just listened to the samples and all I can say is bring on the album.
on 7 March 2010
I heard all the songs and I have to say that it's an amazing album. Steo would have been really proud of this album. All the guys should be really proud. The songs are more mature and deep. I think this might be one of the best album they did. The song "One more song" is so beautiful. You can't listen to it without crying. Mikey vocals are great. Even though you can't listen to the album without missing Stephen this album is really good. I recommend it to everyone. I think that even people who didn't like Boyzone would like this album.