on 12 November 2013
This is up to the usual high standard and surprisingly black and white (I normally hate) does not detract.

I love the whole series and it holds up well to modern day except for the clothes and cars. The stories are well thought out and written and the dialogue good.
It is a program I am collecting for future viewing and thoroughly recommend it to anyone, like me, that enjoys courtroom drama and investigations without the gore!
on 29 January 2015
Excellent series. DVD reproduction seems a bit better. Good stories if a little bit to the same formula but I still enjoy them. Loads more to collect. Getting a bit expensive but will continue collecting until I have all 9 series.
Regards David Barton-Smith
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2013
So far I've purchased about half of the volumes from this long running, seminal series, and this one is equal to all the rest. Strong plots, great fashions, digitally restored - in short, totally unmissable for anyone who likes good quality TV productions, especially from the Fifties and Sixties. Great prints.
on 9 January 2014
Better story lines then most modern detective series. Pity it's not in colour....but B&W of very high quality. Good stuff.
on 21 July 2014
Came on time but i think the disc is not 100% ok as it skips, freezes and jumps. But can be watchable.
on 19 February 2011
Sadly, this is not in colour as the Amazon website claims. That said, the plotting is of a high standard and stands out amongst the drivel we get on tv nowadays. I gave it only 3 stars because of my disappointment at discovering that it was b/w not colour. Take note Amazons!