on 11 August 2011
This keyboard is the best I have had EVER. the keys are well spaced, well lit and defined. The bottom bit which I forgot what its called is useful and genuinely makes typing comfortable. overall i'm very happy with my purchase and the delivery was super quick.
on 14 June 2011
I bought this keyboard (to go with my new pc system) mainly as I wanted a keyboard with a back light, for all those late nights I spend working (actually just "stuff" rather then work, but who cares :D). And so far it has been a brilliant keyboard, the back light can be turned on to 3 settings, bright, dim and off, this makes it useful as during the day you really don't need the light on. There is a volume control, but, unfortunately no media center controls.

The feel of the keyboard is very nice and looks a beast. (Admittedly I was slightly disappointed that the palm rest at the bottom of the keyboard DOES NOT have a cyborg head on it).

The keyboard has legs at the back so it can be raised like any other keyboard, and the palm rest can be extended outwards and even removed.

Overall a very nice keyboard and a decent addition to any PC.
Five stars from me!

*EDIT*
I have had this keyboard for just a bit longer now, It still has its 5 star reputation easy, but I would just like to comment on two things, one is slightly annoying, and the other slightly more annoying. The first is that the volume buttons are not lit up, that may not be an issue as it is only a small thing, but its worth knowing, the second is the space bar, may it be just my keyboard or all, I don't know, but it is rather squeaky, barely audible if you press it slowly, but when you need to press it pretty quickly while playing games or typing, it is pretty irritating.

Brett Walter
on 20 June 2011
really good keyboard for gaming and general use i got mine in about a day after ordering it.
you can turn the red glowing keys off if you want or just dim them its big an sturdy its looks good and has many functions.
on 27 September 2013
I've been using a Saitek Eclipse keyboard for a 7 years and I really loved it but it failed a few days ago.
This keyboard uses the same design, almost, and is just as good.
The original Eclipse had silver keys with black cut out key legends. That allowed the keys to be seen in low light (of the monitor) and the legends to be illuminated blue.
This version has black keys with white legends and illuminates red. I worried that the black keys would be invisible in low light (unilluminated) but, no, the white legends are very obvious.
The red lighting actually seems more efficient than the orginal Eclipse blue too.
The keys are well weighted and just feel right to me (after 7 years who would have thought).
One reason for my love of this design is the small footprint and that remains identical. I don't use the wrist wrest, a totally pointless appendage to my eye but there is one if you need it.
I like this keyboard so much I'm tempted to buy a spare to lay down for when, years from now, this one fails me.
on 16 September 2012
The V5 keyboard is one of the best membrane keyboards out there. The clicks are satisfying. The design itself is very simple containing all the essential keys. There are four additional buttons on top of the numeric pad: Volume+, Volume-, Mute and Lights. There are 2 lights level and off. The lights glow nicely and more importantly they are not distracting when you are gaming in the dark. The Escape key row is half height with 3 additional lights for locks: number, caps and scroll. The wrist rest is comfortable for use and removable. There are four screws at each corner that protrude out the keyboard rectangle making the space dimensions bigger. The space bar is bigger 1.5 times the width of most keys which makes it easier to press.

I recommend this keyboard if you prefer something simple, well built and with red backlights without breaking your bank. The next step from this in terms of key quality are mechanical keyboard containing Cherry switches and in terms of features, keyboards like V7 etc.
on 19 May 2013
This is worth every penny. The keys are very responsive and feel solid yet soft. Looks the part as well with the red glow at night, but bear in mind that when used with a 32" TV Screen as a monitor, the light from the screen rather outshines the keyboard.
on 31 December 2012
Ordered on the 20th Dec figuring it would take at least a week due to Christmas orders but it came within two days; brilliant service. The keyboard itself is designed well - sturdy but appealing. As perhaps menial as it is to some, one of the best features for me was the wrist rest, very comfortable. The glow is perfect for late night sessions, not too intense nor is it too dim. One niggle which annoys me (which I understand is probably absurd to most) is that the light under my space bar is off-centred. It's hardly a con as I'm sure it's just my luck :)

Overall: Very good keyboard, well made and built to last. I'll update this if I have any problems.
on 17 December 2013
I bought this keyboard a while ago now but there really isn't any point in doing a review of electronics for at lest six months.
It works fine, looks great, its not expensive, what more do you want
on 9 February 2013
In my opinion this is by far the best keyboard i have owned!
Looks: 5/5 Looks about £80 and has nice screw placement!
Comfort: 5/5 Nice palm and hand rest on bottom of keyboard!
Feel: 5/5 Nice and glossy but not slippery in that sense, feels amazing!
Back-lighting: 4/5 could be a little brighter on some keys but who play's in the dark?
Build: 5/5 Not cheap plastic so its very sturdy, and very light weight!

Overall: 5/5 I've had this keyboard for 3 weeks and couldn't of asked for anything better, plus its cheap for a gaming keyboard! would recommend to anyone, i don't know what the people rating it 1 star was thinking!?
on 9 February 2013
This keyboard is brilliant, Its not to expensive and is made very well. The keys are quiet and the back-lit LED's make playing in the dark easier. The keyboard has a solid feel to it and is comfortable to type on. I would recommend to any PC gamer or even non gamers to purchase one of the keyboards as a low cost effective replacement. (I even got my brother to buy one a week weeks back)

Excellent product... Excellent Price.. Excellent Bargain!