on 7 May 2014
Entertaining read solid main character, nice perceptive descriptions and observations on life. Based up North which I enjoyed only critique is that it seems unliky the Pice would have let him get away with it all. Still recommend a good read.
on 10 May 2015
Good characters and plenty of twists... it is very rare that I don't figure out the proverbial whodunit... there were just enough doubts and suggestive hints to keep a keen mind confused.... good job well done... A very enjoyable read x
on 14 November 2013
There are not many detective novel's set in north west England, which makes this a bit of a curiosity right from page 1. The plot is reasonably tight, and I particularly enjoyed the cynical attitude to management consultants!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2015
I wasn't expecting much as I don't like Raymond Chandler type stories, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was gripped by the characters - they were realistic and the plot was engaging. I will definitely read his other books.
on 22 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel. The story building and building ito an excellent ending. Never letting you take a breath and leaving you wanting more. Will definitely look to read more from this author.
on 26 July 2014
Nicely written and it moves along at a good pace. It's a little like a children's book written for adults but it was enjoyable nevertheless. Would have no hesitation in reading more of Keith Dixon's work.
on 13 November 2013
i enjoyed this book so much. i downloaded his other two dyke stories and i wasn't disappointed. well wrote and unputtadownable. will have to try his other novels whilst awaiting sam dyke number four
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2013
This is a good easy read book. A fast pace and interesting characters. Since I am from Cheshire knowing much of the geography added to my enjoyment of the story. I will be reading book 2
on 13 February 2016
My first book from this author. Sam Dyke private investigator, a moody likeable character based in Cheshire. A good story with plenty of twist to keep your interest. A good read.
on 26 October 2014
Excellent and gripping detective story based in the Cheshire area. Only thing that I have gripe about was how quick Sam drove around. Traffic just doesn't move that fast.