Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: ES120 120W Halogen|Change

on 6 February 2013
It worked well for a couple of weeks, then the light stayed on. The relay inside the PIR started clicking and failed to operate. I've had PIR's fail in the past, but I've also got some that have lasted more than ten years. I'll spend a bit more on it's replacement. This one was only about £7 - I can't be bothered to send it back.
I bought this for a particular purpose, which was to provide just a little light as I reversed my car up a relatively narrow drive between my house and my neighbours.
It's fine for that, and I paid almost £3 more at the time, so it's even better value now.

It's not high quality, but it's adequate quality. Waterproof and easy to fit.

In common with all lights of this type though, you need to be prepared for a bit of trial and error before you get the angle of the light, the sensitivity to light and the sensitivity to motion (and the coverage of the motion) exactly as you want them.

The build quality causes me to deduct one star, but the 120 watt capacity causes me to drop another.

It may be unfair, because I bought it knowing full well the wattage. (Actually, it's slightly amusing because, on re-reading the product description, it says that it comes with a 1200 watt bulb! The unit would almost certainly melt with that heat).

It does come with the appropriate bulb. But, I am writing this review to help others and, for most security lighting purposes, I don't think that 120 watts is good enough. 500 watts is good, and even 300 watts is quite a bit better than this. But, of course you are likely to pay more for any higher wattage.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 29 August 2013
No problems with this product . Cheap and met my expectations . Easily installed . When I fitted it , couldn't work out why it wasn't coming on automatically , but the motion sensor only works in the dark .
on 15 May 2013
bought for side entrance as have had persons trying to force our multy locked gate. now area very bright so a deterrent for any would be thief. worth the money for a peace of mind.
on 13 August 2014
Have been using this for a few months now and no problems so far. The default light is bright enough but not intrusive and brightens when the motion sensor is triggered. A very satisfactory light fitting which won't annoy the neighbours.
on 11 December 2012
It worked as per instructions right out of the box, BUT it's sensing range was only a third of the minimum quoted -10 feet - not 10 metres ! Not worth sending back at the price, and O.K. as a floodlight
on 30 June 2014
I have had and made use of many PIR lights such as this over the years. This particular model is the worst I have ever encountered. The dials for setting sensitivity (on the light supplied to me) are very tight and difficult to move. If familiar with these things, you will know it has to be "tuned" in place. The dials, being so difficult to move makes it very hard to do so. The light itself is poorly made and badly finished. The joints are poor quality and with our first stint of bad weather I expect that it will not remain waterproof. I would not buy this again. It only has two adjusters. Spend a little extra and make sure you get one with three adjusters.
on 21 May 2016
I would recommend anyone wanting a decent PIR light to look elsewhere, nor should you purchase a USED-GOOD condition one from the warehouse as its likely to be faulty, mine cost £6.74 from Amazon Warehouse deals and although it works as a standalone light, the PIR is faulty. Mine comes on in daylight and no amount of fiddling with settings change that. I have bought 3 of these models in the past but all have needed replacing within a few months after heavy rainfall and bad weather. Cheap n cheerful but not worth buying if you want something long lasting and reliable.
on 8 June 2015
Purchased this light in February but have only just fitted it. The light timer setting works, but the Lux setting does not! Causing the light to go on and off during daylight, I can now see why this light was under £10....my advice pay a little more as I have since and purchased a light that works correctly!! Or fit straight away so that you can return when it doesn't work!!!
on 30 December 2013
Gives a good light but setting the motion sensor is nearly impossible. I tried for ages to set the sensor but in the end gave up and now switch the security lights off during daylight hours. So not impressed with the unit.