on 10 August 2014
I bought this just before Hurricane Bertha passed by the UK as I'd just moved house and the shed in the back garden looked a little worse for wear cosmetically, all dried up looking.
The can was perfectly packaged, taped all around the can lid so there was no leaks and delivered in a very strong transparent plastic bag.
I did cheat a little on preparation of application tho. Instead of sanding down (soooooo boring lol) I power washed it instead. Result! I left it to dry for the day and applied the Ducksback shed paint. It went on so easy and soaked into the wood like butter on warm toast (mmmm I'm hungry now). The size of my shed is about the size of a single garage but not quite so long, a car will fit in but the boot will stick out the doors and one can of Ducksback did the whole of the outside of my shed (apart from the roof).
It rained the following day and it worked perfectly. The rain just slipped down the shed sides, the wood didn't look wet at all! In fact, it looks like I've bought a new shed!
on 19 March 2015
I have complained to the AKZONOBEL company (tariq.mehmood@akzonobel.com) that makes this product because after less than 12 months a great deal of the paint has come off my shed. It did look great immediately after painting. I have been offered 2 x 5L tins to replace my batch or a refund (which I can't claim because I no longer have the receipt). Of course, receiving 2 extra tins does not compensate me for the time and effort which I thought would not be needed again for 5 years. I would give this zero if that was possible. Many reviews say it does what it says on the tin and looks great at first. Few reviewers have taken the trouble to write about this product months/years after being applied, so do pay attention to those reviews.
88 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2012
this product is brilliant it does exactly as it says on the tin, I paid extra for quick delivery as I needed to get on with painting my garden furniture but the packaging was terrible, if it wasnt for the fact I needed the paint I would have returned it as the paint had leaked into the box, the box was too big and the packaging was just brown paper, nothing to stop it rolling around in the box, so be aware when buying, the product is great but the packaging lets it down
on 14 September 2016
This is a repeat order but this is the first time the can has leaked. It is just as well it was in a sealed plastic bag. The garden looks so much better for having the shed and fencing a new lease of life.
on 11 February 2015
Been using this for many years now and find it has very good coverage. Had to buy a new tin as I have just bought some new trellis that needs painting when the weather improves. Roll on Spring.
on 25 September 2015
Good value, but may be cheaper at Tesco!
on 9 August 2014
Have been using this product for years now. Yes if you apply within about 4 hours of rain some does wash off. But if you apply and give it time to dry thoroughly it lasts for months / years.
on 1 June 2015
Excellant waterproof , covered easily and very happy with this

Was very well packaged and arrived very quickly

Very good price , it was cheaper then the DIY stores too
on 26 August 2014
Our Grandson painted the garden shed which was badly in need of painting. It covered well and is a nice shade of green. Will see how long it lasts but will use again if necessary.
on 3 November 2015
This pain is brilliant! Hardly drips and dries quickly! Highly recommended. Packed by Amazon was flawless! Wish other companies were thinking of customers as Amazon does!