on 22 January 2015
A very good book. The bloke is clearly not a fan of liberals and I have to say I agree with him, but his multiple rants on the subject become tiresome as does his constant reference to God. But with that said, I'm a nothingist so it would irritate me, and shouldn't turn you off of purchasing the book. The final irritant is the self congratulatory undertone of the whole book, but that's a military thing common to nearly every soldier.

It's well put together and gives you a short, interesting insight into SEAL training and the famous 'Hell Week' that they have to go through, before launching into a version of the story a lot of you will have seen on the telly.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, and happily recommend it. I have a lot of respect for anyone who has experienced combat in the name of protecting our perceived freedoms and whilst this won't make my top ten, I'm happy if the fella makes a bit of money off of my purchase.
on 21 March 2016
Unputdownable exciting, shocking, detailed, well written and described true account. The detail of SEAL training beforehand explains how Marcus survives as a true battle trained warrior. Thank goodness for heroes like SEALS and SAS, SBS and all armed forces. I bought the book after watching the film , unusual for me but so worth it. I'm female, mum and fifty and I couldn't put this down. Thank you Marcus for sharing and RIP to your heroic warrior buddies. Condolences and best wishes to their families .
on 17 August 2017
What a book! Couldn't put it down.
Bought this as I loved the film and was disappointed how much the film was dramatised compared to the book!
So much didn't actually happen that they put into the film.
The book is still a amazing read about
The true accounts of combat and how lutrell managed to survive through so much. The parts that included his seal team selection process were awe inspiring as well.
All in all it's an American "Bravo Two Zero"
on 31 May 2017
Having seen the film, I was apprehensive about whether I would enjoy this book or not and although the book did take a while to get into, the depth in which the authors went to describe Marcus' background added a while new dimension to the story that I don't think a film could ever convey.
Well worth a read.
on 19 November 2016
Brilliant read and actually brought me to tears at the end. I have the greatest respect for the Special Forces and their sacrifice in making the world a safer place for us all. Thank you Marcus Luttrell and may your comrades RIP.
on 17 October 2015
A personal account of the demands to gain entry to the Special Forces Community and the harrowing story of an operation that went wrong. The emotion and beliefs that drive the warrior are an inspiration.
on 18 August 2016
Best book I've read in years. It explains why Americans have this attitude to save their men. Explains the tough training standard of SEALs and what a story of survivor. Cracking read.
on 3 August 2017
Best book my partner ever read. Gripping from start to finish. Passed it on to a friend who could not put it down. Well worth buying.
on 15 November 2015
Amazing story. I've seen the film and it doent do the book justice at all. This is an inspiring and touching story that left me full of admiration and feeling very humble.
on 25 November 2016
The story is so much better than the Hollywood version. Read it and know how good these men are, and what they are capable of.