on 14 April 2010
If you're reading these reviews, considering buying the DVD, you were probably either at one of the shows or read one of the many reviews detailing how heart-stoppingly great they were. The very last thing you need me to explain to you is the musical genius or socio-political importance of The Specials.

So let's talk pure quality. I was at one of those legendary sold-out gigs - most exciting live show I've seen this millennium - and have a seriously good home cinema system. The latter will never and could never compensate for the former, but this DVD is a blindingly good record of the experience of being there. I was very, very pleasantly shocked when I saw this. Sound quality is excellent and the camerawork just kinetic enough to capture the excitement of the event without giving you a headache. For the relative pittance it costs, I can't think of any reason not to recommend buying it immediately, turning up the volume and enjoying one of the most welcome comebacks of recent Bitish musical history. With any luck (and good taste) your friends and loved ones will soon be skanking round the room with you.
on 31 December 2014
For those of a certain age, an absolute must. when a young lad This was my thing to listen with the specials, Madness, The Beat and The Selector. The band reformed for a 30th anniversary and the lads have not lost it. They still sound fresh as before although the Godfather of Two Tone Jerry Dammers was sadly missing from the line up. A great DVD to show the live talents of this group who sadly burst onto the scene and lasted about 2 years ish. A great buy.
on 5 February 2012
I must admit I was a bit sceptical about this because of the ages etc but don't even think like I did!
This is a brilliant dvd of a great gig!
The Specials still have tons of energy! If not - more than when they were younger!
If you went to the gig then I'm sure you had a great time & got your moneys worth!
We played it loud & felt like we were 17 again!
Even Terry Hall cracked a smile at 1 point!!
I would recommend this dvd to everyone :-)
on 21 November 2015
Big fan of this group when I was younger and this DVD is quality.
The sound quality is good and it is just like being there.
on 24 September 2012
only taken me a couple of years to write this review
the specials are a class act.first time around i wasn't old enough to go see them, so 30 years on and there touring wow !being a Warwickshire lad ,i decided of all the venues locally, to try the wolves civic.glad i did .wow wow wow , loved it, small venue everyone close to the group.truly never experienced a vibe at a gig like it in my life.SKA music gets everyone skanking!. saw the cameras filming thought they would just take snippets from different venues around the country. not the whole CD/DVD ! absolutely brilliant night.
the CD/DVD captures the night to a tee ,worth every penny ,i see its quadrupled in price since i bought it a few years ago, maybe a collectors item !?
on 7 January 2018
great
on 15 December 2016
Great love it one of the best bands abut ska will be here for years to come
on 29 May 2010
its about bloody time!!! 30 years since the specials started and this dvd brings back all the great songs and energy from the best ska band in the world.i saw them at the hammersmith apollo on the last night of this tour and this tops it all off as a great momento of this fantastic tour.the dvd captures everything you would want from a specials concert and is the next best thing if you were not able to see them live.i would recommend this dvd to any fan of great live music!!
on 28 June 2017
was a gift
on 14 March 2017
great dvd if you liked the specials