on 30 September 2016
I bought the 20mm hook for myself to do some supersized crochet. The hook itself is nice and light which makes it easy to work with - and it has enough of a hook to capture the yarn easily. I had to buy another hook when I got the urge to crochet on holiday, and it made me realise just how good the Pony one is. I use the hook with t-shirt yarn to make rugs, and with supersize yarn for chunky blankets, and have gotten loads of compliments on my work. I always recommend this hook to people when they say they want to try supersize crochet.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 January 2017
A while back. I decided I was going to buy more wool. It was really chunky, really good price and I just wanted to buy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my mind, I said, "8mm should do the trick"! Got home and that wasn't the case. It was horrible to deal with.
So I decided to take the advice on the sleeve of the wool to buy an size hook that was appropriate. Which was 12mm. I was like, "Sod that. I'll take 15". I think it's because this was cheaper, I don't remember. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never held a hook over the size of 8mm. It was weird and hard to handle for the first couple of stitches. But in the end, I got the hang of it. But you do have to alter they way you use it; I will say, because it's plastic, it slides out of your hand a little. Well fingers. But the wool was kinda stiff on the hook, so it took a bit more of an effort to move the stitches. But this is a really good hook.
review imagereview image
on 22 November 2017
Design of hook, the end is (not the hook end) quite sharp, not rounded off in the manufacture.
Not the Seller's fault.
I have since seen a Pony display in a locl store, all the hooks are made in this way.
A design fault, with the possible consequences of making the palm of the hand sore, depending on hoe the hook is held to work the yarn.
A well known brand.
on 21 May 2017
Ordered this giant 15mm crochet hook to make a rag rug. It's great! I've never used a plastic hook before so wondered about the quality but it was well made, smooth and nicely finished and a good length to hold comfortably. Also, good value. Made my rug from t-shirt yarn, no probs. Very pleased!
on 3 December 2015
perfect for my chunky scarves and blankets. The only thing I would say is if you have smaller pony Crochet hooks you might notice they are metal, I have a collection of small pony hooks (all metal) but have recently brought a size 10,15 and 20 and they are all a Plastic material. Other than that perfect
3 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2017
The hook itself is just as described .It took a while to arrive, but when I contacted the seller ,they failed to respond ,however they did contact me after the hook arrived,which I appreciated. AndI can now start the project I needed to start once he hook finally arrived and it is great for the task in hand.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 February 2014
I have lost a box with all my crochet hooks in it.

It has been quite enjoyable deciding which to buy and checking prices to get together a new collection.

15mm is quite a nice size for making an evening shawl - if you don't use a heavy yarn they can look stunning made on a large hook.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2017
Lovely hook. I bought it as I make rugs from old sheets and duvet covers etc. Used it over and over. Not uncomfortable to use. Does the job, well pleased
on 29 November 2016
They're not brilliant - I don't like plastic much - but they are pretty good for this price. I got a bunch of them as I will be teaching a few people to crochet, and for that they are OK. I wouldn't work with them for hours on end, though.
on 17 July 2016
Just as expected. It's big, bulky and lightweight but just what I wanted for a particular project. Takes a bit of getting used too simply because of its size but perfect for what I wanted.