Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 10 April 2011
Don't let the price put you off. It took me a while to come round to buying an armband that I thought was cheap and had no name. Although it had great reviews I didn't really see how it could be that good considering branded ones where three of four times the price. But people where saying it prevents moisture getting to the phone (which is my personal number one for a piece of kit like this) and it was cheap so I could just chuck it if it was gash. I will NOT be chucking thus puppy. It really surpassed anything I expected. It hold my 3gs snuggley, fits fine round the arm (I don't even know its there when running), you can easy operate the phone and most importantly it protects the thing from sweat and I would imagine rain. The only criticism I can find is it occasionally makes my phone skip tracks on the ipod which is weird but only minor. I'm mega annoyed as I only bought it a couple of weeks ago and have already lost the thing so have just bought another straight off. If your after a decent armband that will protect the phone well don't go anywhere else and don't be lured by the idea ones costing 20 bucks will be some sort of revolutionary piece of equipment.

Having come to the end of its life I ordered another of these straight away. However, the product that arrived was cheap and nasty and much smaller than the one advertised and the one I wrote this review on. I am now skeptical about re-ordering. Be aware you may not receive the product described.
33 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2010
I bought this item after I saw the good reviews. It is very good quality and I like the fact the touchscreen works through the plastic. However I'm a size 12 lady and if I have the strap on the smallest size (so that the Velcro only just touches) it is a big baggy unless worn over a long sleeve top. It is fine for me as it just fits and I would say you could always add a bit more Velcro to the strap which would work (if you can be bothered!) but warning for any thinner ladies looking to buy.
on 29 June 2010
I like this product. The delivery was excellent and the armband is fit for purpose. A couple of slight criticisms...

As pointed out in other reviews, the strap isn't quite tight enough for me. I imagine this could easily be rectified with a little modification on my part, but something to consider if you have smaller arms.

Also, due to the fact that the phone is slotted into the case through a wide opening, it means that you can only wear the armband one way up and, since there is no hole at the bottom of the case for earphones, it means you can't wear the armband upside down on your arm. Not something that bothers me, but a lot of people seem to find their phones easier to view when placed upside down on their arm. The fit is nice and secure and the phone is in no danger of popping out.

The armband is quite bulky, but the iphone is not a small device so I don't imagine it's any bigger than any other product on the market. It also has a handy little key pocket, which is nice.
on 17 September 2012
I've been really disappointed with this product. As others have stated, the vecro fixing on the armband is just awful. Loses its grip just a few weeks after use and then falls off at every opportunity unless you're running with your arms very close to your body to stop it falling - therefore making this useless for the gym or any other activity that's not running. Once it even fell off, then the phone itself fell out of the slip! Thankfully my usual phone case meant I only had minor damage.

I'm rarely moved to write bad reviews, but if you're after something that actually does what it's supposed to (in this case, hold your phone and stay on your arm while exercising) don't buy this.
on 4 October 2011
I second the other review that states that this is not for iPhone 4. I wish I'd read the review before buying. It won't close at the top as the iPhone 4 is bulkier than the 3G or 3GS and as a result, the plastic screen cover does not fit in place snugly, making it difficult to control the touch screen. The phone probably wouldn't fall out, but if you went out jogging with it, the top of the phone would be completely exposed to rain.

iPhone 4 owners, look elsewhere!
on 15 November 2011
I purchased this for the Motorola Defy. Without a case on the Defy I think this would be a perfect fit. I actually have the iTalkonline Snapguard case for my Defy which makes the phone a bit chunkier, however, the phone will still fit in the Armband pouch, even if it takes a little extra effort to push it in and is a little snug (no chance of falling out!). The quality of materials and stitching is up to a good standard, so even though the phone is in very snug, I have no concerns over the stitching or materials coming apart as a result. It looks good too and certainly like it costs a lot more than 4 quid.

Just went out running for the first time with it and it stays in place nicely on my arm. If I remember rightly some reviewers complained the armband itself was too long/piece of velcro too small. I didn't find this to be the case and I am an average built man of just below average height (5'8"). It would easily fit someone smaller easily too, although I reckon that if you're shorter than 5'5" and/or fairly skinny, the strap may be a little too long and require modification by sewing a bit more velcro on (if you're competent with a needle!).

Overall, a fantastic piece of kit for a fraction of the price of similar official products, that seems to happily fit any phone similar in dimension to an iphone. On the Defy the headphone jack is at the top and this armband allows easy access so you can plug your headphones in too. Job done!
on 10 September 2012
Can't get my 4S to fit. I will keep it as a spare for my ipod, because of the work involved in sending back. dissapointed
on 21 May 2013
I love this product, it works well and keeps my phone in place through vigorous activity. I have chubby upper arms and it is a good length for me with plenty of room to spare, although i feel very thin armed people would find this too long. Sometimes hard to get the phone in and out of it, but i would rather have this and the phone to be secure.
on 21 December 2013
Bought this when I started running, used it once and decided that it was too uncomfortable and I kept adjusting it throughout the run. I've since bought a small belt that I put the phone in which sits on my lower back, much less obtrusive and you don't notice it's there.

No problems with the quality of the product, just didn't like having it strapped to my arm.
on 9 December 2011
This is OK for a 3G or 3GS but its not very good for a 4GS. Even the packaging states its for a 3G/GS - this is slightly misrepresented!There is nothing to stop the phone falling out of the slot if u turn it upside down by mistake and you cannot fit the phone in with a protective cover on it!!
I'm not impressed