on 4 September 2013
Bought this as a replacement for my NS1000 headphones cable, where a terminal became loose.

Firstly, the sound is great, the plugs are very compact and fit the NS1000 socket perfectly. If that was it, I would have given 5 stars.

Unfortunately, Hama decided to wrap the entire cable length in a funky metal braid, presumably for aesthetic reasons. It worked - the cable looks very good indeed. The problem however, and it is a massive problem, it that whenever the cable moves, if coiled even one inch where two parts of the cable touch eachother, then a metallic grating sound travels the length of the cable into the cans of the headphones. Annoying is an understatement.

This cable is therefore an excellent buy if intending to use as an interconnect, but flawed of using as a headphone cable.
on 18 June 2015
I bought these to replace the stock cable that came with my Goldring NS1000 headphones, after it got tangled up in my bicycle wheel. The NS1000s have a narrow opening around the 3.5mm jack port, so a slim replacement such as this cable is required.

The Hama cable fits into the opening. It looks nice too. Unfortunately it is coated in some kind of nylon material (described on the packaging as an "elegant woven jacket") which makes a noise you can hear in the headphones whenever one part of the cable touches another part – which is virtually all of the time. It sounds like whatever you’re listening to has a chainsaw as a backing track.

Also – and this isn’t the cable’s fault – I think 2 metres is too long for a headphone to pocket cable.

If it is important to you that your cable is well dressed then look no further. Quite impractical for listening through headphones though.
on 23 June 2011
If you use this as a fixed connection to your iPod then it might last forever, It certainly looks as if it could. But if, like me, you are constantly twisting and straining the connection (I use my ipod hooked up to a bedside radio) then it will, within 6 months or so, fail you. The sound will start dropping out as the wires close to the plug are damaged. But it is a nice cable; has beatifully thin aluminium plugs and lasts longer then any other cable I have tried. If the price is right (these were less than £5 at one stage) then give it a go.
on 3 November 2014
Bought these on recommendation from someone else who had difficulty finding a replacement cable for the Goldring NS1000 headphones (which are notoriously flakey). This cable fits perfectly, is solidly made, and does the job perfectly.
on 7 June 2011
I got this off Amazon as a replacement for my existing headphone cable, which is too short to use with my computer. This has very small, high-quality aluminium end casings, which unlike most other cables, actually fit into the very small socket on my headphones (Goldring NS1000's).

The cable itself is extremely high quality, making it well worth the price. The sheathing it comes in offers good protection and looks great - the grey colour matches my headphones perfectly. It is a little plastic-like, but after a small amount of use the cable loses its coils from being packaged up.

One minor problem did occur - one end of the cable developed a faulty connection after about a month, but after calling up Hama (I spoke to someone at their actual office in the UK, with no hold time - very impressive!) they offered to replace the cable free of charge. Excellent service, will definitely look at Hama again for electrical items!
on 24 November 2013
I bought these to replace the cable on my Goldring ns1000 headphones (which other than cable problems I think are great). I was pleased with the sound and build quality. Annoyingly they are covered in a protective mesh which rubs as you move making a really load noise through your headphones. I have finally given up and bought a different cable which is much better. If you are plugging into speakers these are great.. If you are planning to use them for headphones I would personally look else where.
on 13 September 2012
This high quality German quality-approved but made in China cable with 3.5mm jack plugs made a solid connection between my iPod and Sony MDR-NC50 headphones. The jacks click positively into the iPod and the Sony headphones. That's critical since Sony has issued a product advisory notice that says it's essential to have that positive lock between the cable jack and the headphones. Many cheap cables won't fit the Sony headphones correctly (they don't click in and thus have a poor connection, dropping stereo channels and reducing sound quality) and Sony's replacement cable costs £35. These are better-made than the originals and give excellent sound quality. The cable is of the woven metal type rather than wires encased in black plastic, so it's strong and gives good protection. It's therefore also stiffer than the plastic-covered type. Highly recommended.
on 2 December 2013
I've used these to connect my iPhone to my car stereo, hiding the wire inside the dash through to the glove box. Purchased them because of the small size of the phono plug, easier to route through the car.

Look smart too when plugged in. The wire has a good shield and took being pulled through drilled holes well.

I'm getting feedback through the wire from the car on revving the engine, but i strongly suspect this to be more due to the phone being charged and causing a loop rather than the wire itself.
on 26 May 2014
Ok, so it's not actually braided with metal, but it sure looks like it is. This cable is rock solid, build and sound quality is fantastic, and you get what you pay for! Been using daily for over a month, and still perfectly intact.
on 20 October 2011
I needed this cable for setting up my iPhone in my car. The cable needed to be long enough and sturdy and that is exactly what I got. It has a flexible outer skin which makes it look and feel like it will last forever. The connector itself is attached to the cable so that it will not break easily.

All in all including the shipping costs I found it to be a little bit expensive for a simple cable, but it is well build so imho it's worth the price.

See one answered question