on 15 January 2015
I just received this foot massager today. It arrived quickly with no fuss. I tried it out immediately and loved it. I have used it again tonight TWICE and it really seems to be very soothing on my very sore feet. I suffer from plantar fasciitis and this was the reason I purchased this machine. Can't wait to try it again. In fact I may use it again before bedtime. Terrific
on 6 January 2015
I bought one of these in June 2014. I'd had surgery on my foot (Mortons Neuroma) in April and was not making great progress even though the wound had healed well. It seemed I had significant scarring and was told it would just take time. From the first session with the machine I felt real improvement and within a week got rid of walking stick. I still use it on a regular basis but know it was what made the difference to my recovery.
on 14 December 2010
Consider this product if your feet need a good massaging. It's easy to use, and you can vary the firmness of the massage- all you have to do is press down as hard as you want with your feet to get a firmer massage. Know that the heat feels great, BUT, know that you can turn it off if you need to. Also, the machine uses rotating balls, which is good, because can simply move your foot around to target the worst spots on your foot.

While not as good as a professional Shiatsu massage, it can only work the bottoms of your feet- but, nothings perfect! Other useful foot care products I found include The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution if you suffer from plantar fasciitis.
11 comment| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2012
Bought this as i suffer with mortons neuromas and one of the treatments to ease the pain is to manipulate the area.. now granted this is not a substitute for a good foot rub .. but if your like me and have a family that refuse to give foot rubs this is the next best thing...cold settings lovely after a day at work on my feet and if your feet are cold the hot setting is brilliant...20 minutes of sheer heaven...
on 8 June 2010
Bought this two months ago and overall I am very pleased I did it.

In my own opinion nothing beats a foot massage given by my partner, but on those days where she is not in the mood to give one, this is still a great alternative especially for people who put alot of strain on their feet from standing all day, playing football, dancing, running, etc.

Positives:

+ The three rotating balls do a great job of massaging and you can simply move your foot anywhere on them to focus the massage on a particular point
+ The heat function is very nice in the winter but you can turn it off
+ Very simple and easy to use
+ Quite light and compact in comparison to other foot massage products I have seen
+ sturdily built and aesthetically pleasing in my opinion
+ Massage can be as delicate or as vigorous as you want, all you have to do is put more weight on your feet while sitting
+ Your feet really do feel great afterwards!
+ My partner loves it too and she is normally against having too many gadgets around the house

Negative points:

- Doesn't pay any attention to the top side of your feet, but not many devices of this type do as far as I am aware
- no timer or automatic shut off (I hear that you shouldn't really do more than 15 mins massage in one sitting or else you could be overdoing it)
-I wouldn't say its really THAT portable, although its entirely possible if you really wanted to take it somewhere with you, it would fit in a rucksack
- The place where you put your feet is not washable so I recommend using the device while using fresh socks for obvious reasons!

Thank you homedics for another great product! (I also have the sp-10 shiatsu cushion which is also ace!)
22 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2012
I have foot problems - not just tired feet, but foot problems (midfoot arthritis in both feet). I was looking for something that could really give my feet a good work out and I was rather disappointed with the HoMedics FM-TS9-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Foot Massager. Basically, what is it is three rotating disks, one located at approximately to ball of your foot, one located at approximately the arch of your foot and one located at approximately the heel of your foot. If you have small feet, these won't be in the right place. Likewise, if you have large feet.
Each rotating disk has four metal balls slightly larger than a chick pea attached to it. The disks rotate and the balls are meant to feel like "thumb pressure". To me, they don't.
I wanted something that could really work the arch and centre of my foot and I found that these rotating disks did not do the job (and I have pretty flat feet, so they did not have far to go into my arch). I was hoping for massage head that would undulate, the provide the massage without the need to keep moving your feet around on the device to "hit the spot" but these massage heads rotate only.
Anyway, if you have just plain tired feet, then I image that the fairly gentle massage this provide would feel nice. The heat does feel nice, although in my experience it did not get very warm (not as warm as say a heat pad). But if you are looking for pain relief of more serious foot problems, this won't do it. I returned mine.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2015
1 word.... AMAZING!!! This machine is heaven. I always have sore achey feet and this massager works wonders. It's set to turn off after 20mins... But I'm always hitting the button again for a longer massage as it feels so good lol! Extremely pleased with this purchase, thanks! Would definitely recommend :)
on 23 September 2015
Cant go far wrong with HoMedics stuff I have a back massager as well from them and both are good quality items. Gives a good deep massage. I tend to cover a good few miles a day on ballast and the feet ache after a day of that. This product certainly eases the effect.
on 11 February 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for my father-in-law who has trouble with circulation in his feet as a result of his heart condition. I checked out the product as thoroughly as possible before buying; there were no contra-indications in any of the product information. I was enraged to discover - at the very bottom of the safety information page, long after the 'don't stick your fingers in the plug-socket' kind of thing, that anyone with a pacemaker needs to consult their doctor before use -- because, in fact, it can't be used with a pacemaker; that it shouldn't be used by anyone with diabetes; and that it is unsuitable for anyone with circulation problems. This is simply outrageous. None of this is apparent in its product description and all three make it, in my case, unfit for purpose. I'll be returning it -- others should beware.
66 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2015
I've got this under my computer desk as a footpad and I have used it nearly every day since purchasing it.

It really does hit the right pressure points and a little jiggling about gets those hard to get bits. Sometimes I accidentally shift my seating position and turn the device on, but it doesn't bother me one bit! In fact, I feel rather relaxed afterwards ;)

The pressure is just right and if more is needed, you just need to shift your feet or apply more pressure by pushing your feet down / standing up / change seating position.

There's three x three prongs/columns which rotate under your feet and as they are fixed, you can shift about to get different pressure points.

Word of warning: apply gentle pressure first as it can hurt when touching sensitive areas.