on 1 March 2011
This is the third breadmaker that I have purchased and, of the three, it makes the best bread. The machine is probably not as solid as my first, which was a Breville costing more than twice as much, but better made than my first Russel Hobbs for a similar price.The machine is used 4 or 5 times per week as my wife and I love homemade bread. The shape of loaves is good and the paddle, having been redesigned, does not produce too intrusive a hole in the base of the loaf.The likely weakness is in the 2 clips that hold the breadpan in place in the machine, although they appear to be better than on the earlier model. Time will tell, but I think this is an excellent breadmaker for a relatively low price.
on 23 February 2013
This is my first bread maker and if bread makers are this easy and produce such great results on first trial I must say it was indeed a wise decision to purchase it.
Everybody might have a different experience with this product but mine was a positive one. First of all it is dead easy to setup and read the information book. I would have appreciated a more thorough read with perhaps a couple or more recipes. I used fast bake 2 programme to produce a spelt loaf by using a recipe from Doves Farm and the result was spectacular. A crunchy all over crust with a soft centre. A dollop of good butter and you're eating the real thing!
Noise wise, it is slightly noisy but i would be concerned mostly if you live in houses made with paper walls. It is more quiet than a Kenwood Chef on low setting but will definitely try the timer feature to have fresh baked bread in the morning.
I would honestly recommend it as it is not that expensive when compared to other brands especially since they make the same thing!
This is a very solid, well built product.
review image
on 9 March 2011
I have had this machine for a couple of weeks and have made white, wholemeal, french and dough. Every time it has worked perfectly. In fact the French loaf was superb - tastes just the same as the bread we buy in France. The controls are simple to use and the instruction book provides clear and straightforward directions.

If I were to be picky, perhaps the crust could be a little darker, but it's perfectly crispy. There are no measuring spoons included, so I bought a set of measures which makes life much easier, but it's not essential.

I can fully recommend this bread maker.
on 18 May 2011
Wanted an 'entry level' breadmaker for me and the missus as we waste so much as there is only the two of us. Searched for a reasonably priced breadmaker, and boy did I find it. First experimental loaves were all edible. Now I'm no expert as this is my first machine but if and when this one dies I will look to replace with the same model, yes the display could have been in a better, more visible colour,you can still see it though!! but the well written instruction book (and very witty and human in places) was superb, the maker itself is not too big and I think this could be the best machine to start your bread making ventures with. I highly recommend this product.
on 2 August 2014
this is the third one i have in the space of twelve months all of them work for a short while then just stop working i will not be buying another one i was sent a repalcement then used it for a few weeks thinking it was me no the same thing suddenly stopped working
on 22 July 2011
It took a couple of good recipes to make a loaf. Did not use the Russell Hobbs recipe, did not work. However, the bread maker is just super. Easy to maintain, clean and quiet. So simple to use, just add the ingredients and leave it to make your bread. The instructions that come with the book are also very easy to understand. The breadmaker, is neat and does not need a lot of space in the kitchen. I love it, and wish I had purchased sooner.
on 6 December 2013
I bought this bread machine because , I previously had a Russell Hobs breadman Pro which had given me good service for 10 years, Having looked at the recommendations on the amazon site, silly me thought, I`ll get another from Russell hobs o dear big mistake. It make`s bread OK I cant fault that and I use it for making dough for hand baking. The main problem is getting the bread tin to fit in the machine and get out again as there are 2 cheap and nasty clips to hold the pan in place. And the pan is very thin compared to ones on my old machine, please ignore the instructions about putting the bread pan in the dishwasher to clean it, Cos if you do you'll need to get another pan, but Russell hobs don't do spare tins for this one . For my previous machine was made in the UK and I used to have 2 bread pans in use, 1 for the dough cycle and then another to make a loaf in the machine. it looks like I`ll have to buy an alternative and keep this one for emergency's.
on 28 June 2012
Negative - The machine broke down after one use, which was disappointing. The replacement is working all right so far. The recipe book could be better. Bread gets stuck into the groove in the base so need to pick it out with a stick each time we wash the pan. I am not keen on having to force the pan into and out of position - I had a twist and lock mechanism in my old machine.
Positive - Nice shape machine with good window. Choice of loaf size is good. Warming time for wholemeal bread seems like a good idea.
on 4 June 2012
I've now seen two models of this machine - both poor build quality. The first one I received I had to return before even using it for a multitude of problems... the lid wobbled when you opened it, the pan wasn't clicking into place securely, and the whole unit smelled strongly of resin or some solvent. I hoped this was just a Friday-afternoon one that had slipped through the quality control! But no. Amazon were great and I sent it back and got another one posted to me first class. Unfortunately the 2nd unit was just as bad. The lid still wobbled, and then the bread pan started to break. After using this about 5 times the connector paddle on the underside of the breadpan has started to wobble around and the pin is loose! This should not happen. The build quality seems just as poor as the first one. I am really disappointed, but I should have known as I think Russell Hobbs do not make the sort of long-lasting machines they used to. I have a new Russell Hobbs kettle and that too is poorly made. I will not be buying another RH product again. I have opted for the Panasonic SD2500 - nearly the most expensive bread making machine, but good in reviews, and as with most things in life, you do often get what you pay for.
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 February 2016
I'm really enjoying having a bread machine again. I've never owned a top of the range machine and I imagine the only real difference is that the top of the loaves would be darker. You get the machine and the paddle in the box, pull it out, wash the bread pan and paddle, and slot into place. Then tip in a bread mix and the right amount of lukewarm water, set it to Programme 8 (sandwich), press the button. Enjoy the smells of baking wafting through your home. Three hours later, pretty decent bread. There's a dough setting if you want to cook it in the oven and get a dark crust, but honestly I wouldn't bother. The bread tastes fantastic, which is what counts after all.

Does what is says on the box, decent loaves, tastes great; what more could you ask for?