Style Name: iPhone 4 and 4s|Change

on 22 September 2014
At first the item worked adequately emitting fairly good quality audio and having little interference. Recently however I've had a few major problems;

The 30-pin plug for apple devices(I've been using an iPhone 4s) often comes loose and loses connection.

Even when connected, the radio output signal from the transmitter device is frequently lost by my cars radio tuner.

Sometimes interference occurs with other radio stations.

And last but not least, it's very frustrating to keep the transmitter unit plugged-in and powered up via the 12V cigarette lighter socket. If you try to change the song and move the cable ever so slightly you'll find it disconnects, leaving you having to fiddle with the plug.

Overall I would expect a lot more from Belkin, since they are a well know and arguably reputable brand...
on 12 November 2015
If you have an old Iphone 4s this does a great job- So easy to use via the app and good audio quality.Only gave it 4 instead of 5 because it doesnt have a jack socket on ( to allow use from any phone) But for the money its excellent
on 11 October 2011
I use the Nexxus Drivetransmit in my car, and my wife used it on her journey to work for a couple of days pairing it with her IPhone. It worked perfectly so I was tempted to by another one for her - but she prefered the idea of the Belkin because it would charge the phone at the same time, and as it is specifically designed for Apple I thought it was going to be pretty good.
Setup is simple. The app works well. This device is simple to use.
However even just sat in the car in our driveway the Clearscan (designed to pick the strongest FM frequency) suggested a different frequency each time (none of which were particularly good) - one time it even suggested 99.8 (which is pretty much the best frequency in our area for Radio 1).
In the end I just set the frequency to the same one as I use on the Nexxus Drivetransmit (which had worked perfectly when my wife tried it). But on the Belkin Tunecast the audio kept fading in and out on her way to work.

So to conclude the Nexxus must have a much stronger FM transmitter, doing exactly the same journey it worked perfectly - no interference at all. We cannot get a decent signal from the Belkin no matter what we do.

I would highly recommend the Nexxus (also sold on Amazon - model number 5051495104495)
*It is cheaper.
*Connects via Bluetooth - so no wires needed.
*Allows you to answer and make calls (the callers voice comes through the stereo speakers)
The Nexxus has buttons to pause and skip tracks on the device itself (which i think is much safer than the Belkin - which requires you to use the Iphone).
*Stronger FM transmitter (have had no problems with interference in our area - near High Wycombe)

I have now bought another Nexxus from Amazon.
on 22 June 2015
First one I was sent was completely dead, but sellers kindly replaced. The second one works and the sound is good, but part of the LCD display doesn't work so 87.9 FM reads as 37.9.! The charging facility is good. I have the lightning connecter version for my iPhone 6+, also, which is all functioning well, but is significantly more expensive. This is ideal for using an old iPhone as an iPod in a second vehicle. I have probably just been unlucky with these two.
on 20 August 2011
I bought this as a gift for my wife to use with her iPhone 4 and she thinks it's excellent. Downloaded the app (which is simple to use) from iTunes, connected it all together and hey presto......her iTunes library can now be played via the suggested frequency on the car radio. No more messing about with CDs!

Unlike some other reviewers, we have had no issues with interference - the sound quality is very good.
on 20 October 2015
I bought this fm transmitter and used it several times with I phone 5 s , I was told by Apple that with it charging continuously it's bad for the phone ? But belkin do one where it' doesn't charge the phone .
My phone went blank one day and wouldn't switch on so had to buy a new phone at full cost gutted be warey .
on 17 April 2014
Well it just about met my expectations. Certainly did not exceed them.
I expected it would be a bit rubbish and it is.
At best it's like listening to an old crackly record but before that gets too annoying it usually loses the signal anyway and has to be retuned...before you get to the end of a song.
Frustrating and useless.
Packaging was nice though. I suppose
(i'm not in London incidentally!)
on 9 September 2012
I have been looking for a FM Transmitter for some time, and after much deliberation and looking at reviews, I decided to go for this product.
I don't know if its the area where i live or a product fault, but it couldn't pick up a frequency and after two days it packed up. I'm not going to look at FM transmitters after this experience, I'll put up with what i have.
on 18 April 2014
I've tried a few of different transmitters now and this one is perfect. The lead is long enough for my daughter to use in the back seat so she can inflict her music on the rest of us. It's easy to change channels if there's interference. I've found the reception very good and the sound quality acceptable. It worked well with my old iPhone 4S and works fine with a lightning adaptor on my new iPhone. And of course it charges as you're listening. This is actually my second one because the first developed a loose connection after a couple of years of rough treatment. I was more than happy to replace like with like because the product has proved better and more durable than any others I've tried.
on 29 March 2011
Knowing that Belkin are exceptional at what they do, I now find that there is always an exception to the rule!!

Thinking that this is a premium priced product and reading other people's reviews, this seemed to be the best of a bad bunch [let's face it, you're never going to get the same quality as some kind of docking kit]. And I couldn't have been more wrong.

I've tried as many different transmitting frequencies as I possibly can and even with the 'GPS' assistance, the best I could get is a noise that resembled the track I was playing - and even then that was with the volume at maximum.

If there's anything I can do to prevent someone else from purchasing this item and being as disappointed as I was, then that's a good thing. DO NOT BUY IT!!!! TOTAL waste of money.....