on 3 April 2012
I was only expecting reasonable volume levels and build quality at the price but boy was I surprised!
The build quality is something to behold, very solid and well built with a nice strong connector with no worries about fitting the ipod at wrong angle and breaking it.
The sound quality is also well above what you would expect for the price, with really clear, clean and crisp sound and a meaty bass to accompany it.
The remote works well and give you all the control over the ipod that you need for normal use and is a very welcome inclusion at the price.
All in all a very happy bunny.
11 Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 June 2017
truly awful customer service. was not overly impressed anyway due to complete lack of base and slightly tinny sound but then the thing started to go "dead " on me. sometimes it switches on, other times completely powerless. i registered the product on their website and have tried to contact them to arrange return but no reply. there is no number i can find to ring anywhere, just on line forms and an email address, both of which i have tried.
on 30 May 2013
In this day and age there are far too many companies who seem to see their customers as an inconvenience and try to remove them of their hard earned cash and then forget them. It was a real breath of fresh air, therefore, when AZATOM contacted me, following a poor review of the sound quality of this docking station, asking why I had not returned it. I explained that the station had been dropped and subsequently broken whilst looking for a volume control and I had assumed that a broken unit would not have been acceptable as a return. The lady from AZATOM told me that they are sending me a new unit, as the one that I received was obviously a 'rogue' that had slipped through the quality control net. I must admit that, looking at the other reviews which praise the sound quality, I think the company are probably correct and this was just a rogue unit that had slipped through.

The 5 star rating that I have given is for the wonderful customer service from AZATOM and I will leave a separate review for the new Docking station once it arrives. It is obvious that AZATOM have complete faith in their products and they were genuinely concerned that I be fully satisfied with my purchase and, like I stated at the start of this review, it is a breath of fresh air to find a company that cares. I will definitely use this company again and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to friends and family. Thank you AZATOM.

2 Days later

AZATOM, were as good as their word; after contacting me on Saturday 15 June a new unit arrived yesterday, Tuesday 18 June. I must publicly apologise and eat a large slice of humble pie, the sound on the new unit is superb, none of the hissing and crackling that I experienced with the original unit. Obviously it is not up to Bose standards but I would defy you to find better sound quality on any other docking station under £40 and it would hold its own against many more expensive models. I can now review my star rating and state that the 5 star is not only for the wonderful customer service but also for the quality of the product itself. Once again THANK YOU AZATOM my faith in on line shopping has been restored.
on 1 June 2017
This has good full sound for the price, usually connects well via Bluetooth and even better sound if you connect via cable. However, I've deducted one star because it sometimes has difficulty connecting up, and dropped another star because after using it for about 6 months it has just developed a buzzing noise when you plug it in. It's still under warranty so I will update this post when I see how good they are about support.
on 9 September 2013
Arrived promptly, has the previous 20watt model, is alot louder and slightly bigger but no on/off switch have to keep unplugging. Not bad for price.
on 20 March 2014
Purchased this for a present and very impressed with the sound and overall quality. Considering getting one myself if i keep my iPhone at the end of my contract.
on 3 May 2016
When volume is low it sounds very distorted, almost muffled - needs to be quite loud for clear sound.
on 12 December 2014
very happy with this product
on 30 May 2016
Really good speaker. The sound is really good. You can worse sound from more expensive speakers. Great value for the money.
on 8 June 2017