on 10 April 2017
Fab thank you
on 7 September 2011
I bought this book thinking it would be similar to Chelsea Handler and be very funny & hard to put down. Instead I found it to be incredibly self righteous and not at all funny. She seems very stuck up, and nobody is right except her. I managed to get to the last two chapters and then I literally through the book down and said I couldn't read anymore of it. It was making me angry the way she was writing things and the way she reacted to the smallest of things. I admire what she's done with her life, but she needs to remember where she came from and that she's not above everyone!
on 26 October 2010
An unstoppable read!! Kelly's fashion New York was like what I was experiencing in the music industry of New York City circa 1990's!The functions may have been different, the cast of characters identical, but the madness pervading it all so similar. I got this book around 1pm and by 3pm I had read it from cover to cover.Reading the book was like having a motivational life coach screaming into your subconscious. I found my inner dialogue screaming: " Yes! She did it!! She made it! She understood it!". A must read for any New Yorker,any woman, any wimp! Attempt to go outside and and buy this book- it's insight just may enlighten you!
on 25 July 2010
I heard Kelly Cutrone speak at her book signing in a New York park in June 2010.

I was walking through the park, "not feeling my best" when i came upon a group of people listening to a speaker.I sat down to hear.I had no idea who the Lady was,but the book title was poignant.I found the words very thought provoking,on my return to UK I bought the book.

I would recommend the book
on 8 July 2010
Was expecting great things from this book but was rather disappointed. I think the basic message is good - work hard, don't be spoiled, toughen up, surround yourself with good people. But the book itself is rather tedious and opinionated. I'd seen Kelly Cutrone on episodes of the hills and the city and liked her character, but it just doesn't translate well onto the page.
on 24 August 2010
I have watched that awfully inane The City and thought Kelly Cutrone was the best thing in it. This is a real eye opener - a warts and all story. Cutrone tells her story - how she came to New York, got involved in drugs, built her business. This lady is one tough cookie - with a heart. She is quite spiritual and this comes into the book which I wasn't expecting and which isn't my cup of tea but don't let that put you off. Not a bad read at all.
on 21 June 2010
Loved this book, Kelly Cutrone is hilarious, straigh talking and most importantly honest. It shows the many sides to her you wouldn't even expect, with the details of her rise, fall and rise again to success, with all the side steps she took along the way. Absolutely brilliant if you're looking for a career in fashion, but can pretty much applied to a successful career in whatever speaks to you. I sincerely hope she writes again!
on 28 June 2011
I love Kelly Cutrone on The City/KellOnEarth - she's so ballsy, and I thought this might be an entertaining read. But I found it all a bit heavy - she is obsessed with a level of spirituality not featured in her TV work - and basically I just ended up feeling that, despite her undeniably being a good and brave businesswoman, her success is also in part due to the fact she fell in with the 'right people' when she arrived in New York in the 80s, and elevated her position/contacts by sleeping around. Shame. I think my expectations were too high.
on 1 November 2010
I can't stop reading this book! Kelly gives honest advice without ever claiming to know it all. She comes across in the book exactly the way she does on T.V. tough, knowledgeable and fair. Her book is easy to read and full of positive messages for women. I found it refreshing to read a book that gives spiritual messages without being sentimental or cheesy, as well as tough life lessons without being condescending or negative. A real inspiration.
on 21 January 2013
I own this and normal gets you nowhere and this is by far the better of the two. This is a woman who has lived her life and is passing her experience and advice on to a younger generation. Im pretty much the designated market for this book, by being a young girl studying for a degree in PR so I may be somewhat biased but it puts things into perspective and helps you see things a bit more clearly. I took it as a bit of a self help book.