Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 13 February 2011
I live in an Victorian property that has multi levels. I use this pump in my basement to pump dirty water from my washing machine up a level (approx 6' to 8') into the drainage system. The pump works extremely well, is efficient, quiet and competitively priced. In the past I have paid nearly £300 for similar pumps that just have not been as good. Ordering was easy and postage was quick. I would recommend this pump and supplier.SUBMERSIBLE DIRTY WATER PUMP WITH FLOAT SWITCH 210L/min (max.)750W 230V
on 13 October 2012
My garden had been subject to flooding since new houses were built at the rear several years ago despite a land drain being laid and despite various remedies I attempted.
The flooding had, over the years, become worse and will not improve so last year I dug a pit (small lake) across the bottom of the garden hoping this might contain the water somewhat, but it didn't.
I decided, therefore, to buy a water pump and did much research, eventually deciding on this one although I wasn't 100% certain that it would be powerful enough.
(The pit/lake is 10 feet by 4 feet and 4 feet deep and the water would require to be pumped over 30 feet and up a slope of 9 feet to the nearest grid. Plus, the water was in excess of that, over stepping stones round the lake and almost completely covering my lawn to a depth of 2" to 3").
Upon recept I put the unit into the water, ran a drainage pipe up to the grid, went in the house, said a prayer and switched on. Almost immediately I heard water gushing into the grid and within under 3 hours the lake was virtually empty.
Once the surrounding area has dried out I will be able to work in my garden again, cut the grass, plant out around the lake, etc. and maintain the water level at a satisfactory depth.
As you can tell, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
on 14 April 2012
This is a great pump and works very well. I am using it to pump rain water around to different storage tanks as well as using it to water plants with a standard garden hose. Two points; firstly I am glad that I purchased this 750W model as the pressure is only just adequate so I dread to think how lower powered pumps would cope. Secondly this has a large output pipe and I could not quickly find an adapter (after I had unpacked and realised that I needed one) to reduce down to a standard 1/2inch hose. Fortunately I managed to modify the output (but not with a standard adapter) to connect a standard hose to it .
on 23 August 2013
Rubbish,
This is my second pump in three months, the first seized and the second leaked water into the electric housing causing the fuse to blow and trip my electrics. I would not recommend at all. Draper have issues with making good quality pumps these days. My first review gave it 5* and is below.

**This is my second draper pump, i use it to pump water from the pond to the waterfall, which is a 4m head, the previous one ran non stop for four years. Would recommend**

Amazon have been great and given me a full refund without any hassel. I will not be buying Draper again.
on 28 December 2012
I have got stables on a piece of land that floods very easily, which in turn means my store of hay is under threat from being waterlogged. With this year's excessive amount of rain, this has caused a major problem; every time it rains, the yard is under water. I made the decision to dig a sump which would drain the water which in turn would be pumped across the paddock to the dyke. I needed a pump with a float switch so that I could leave it to do it's job. The Draper pump seemed ideal and had good reviews. It has turned out to be a Godsend! I look at the weather forecast and if it talks of rain I connect the pipework up, put the pump in the sump and leave it to do the job, which it does with ease and has saved my stables and hay. It is very reassuring to hear the gallons of water gushing into the dyke and the float switch works a treat. It is obviously dirty water being pumped out but poses no problem. I would definitely recommend this pump to anyone wanting a reasonably priced saviour!
on 23 November 2011
Good value for the money.The method of retaining the pump body to the motor is weak.
The plastic strips too easily. So if you have to remove the pump to motor assembly to clear a blockage to many times Then the chances are the pump will be heading for the bin.
on 19 September 2011
great delivery of pump and now of sump water great tool used on permanent use on a sump left to do its thing works well.
on 23 January 2013
This is a beast of a pump, which I use with my pond setup to move gallons of dirty water from a sump from my pond filters to drains, and clean collected rainwater to a 500 litre tank for refilling the pond. It gets used every day for the last year.
on 2 June 2013
This is a good little pump, it is used to pump the water from our fish pond.
It empties the water very quickly and is very is very powerful.
on 24 March 2013
I am well pleased with this pump. It is rapid and appears robust. I wish for its reliability when needed in earnest. The instruction leaflet indicates a filter of sorts on the suction side of the pump but there is none. So I will have to improvise such. Care is also needed to see that the pump has taken suction when started off after running dry. It does need priming.